Would you shoot one with jewelry?

Would you shoot a sheep with jewelry?

• Yes, the horns and meat are the trophy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I want a good cape for the wall.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oak

Expert
Would you shoot a bighorn with a collar and eartags?

Attachments

• collared.jpg
    collared.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 551
Count me for a yep.

Tell me why the Cape would be ruined with a Collar ? Would it jsut be rubbed off ? Heck, I would mount it with the collar and tell people I used a Helicopter ;)

It didnt slow Dad down any...at least with just the ear tag. But to be honest, if we would have known it was ear-tagged, Dad wouldnt have shot it.

196.JPG

It would be kind of weird I guess, but if that's the ram I wanted i wouldn't let it stop me.

The problem with the collar might be with the cape...bet it would look bad.

Maybe not too, I dont know.

I've had several opportunities in the past to shoot doe antelope with radio collars, but passed because I feel that the information gathered from the study is important.

But, if that were the best ram in the herd I was hunting...I'd be trying to find a new cape and the Game and Fish would be getting to reuse their radio collar...

My buddy ended up taking this Desert Bighorn being that it was the biggest they found in the unit... Mount looked interesting since you could see the hair was a little worn around the neck, but other than that was no big deal. Game and Fish pretty much knew ahead of time that this Ram might get taken during the hunt....

Putting in year after year with these results would get really old really quickly if one were not an optimist.

I agree, every time I put in for a tag...its as good as mine....at least until the results are posted.

No problems here! 'Course I only go on those types of hunts when someone else is packing the tag!

I shot a bighorn ram with both a collar and an ear tag.

The collar was dead and I got to keep the ear tag.

I don't have the ear tag on the mount.

The cape was ok - but you can tell where the collar was on his neck.

Back