PEAX Equipment

World Cup competition begins today

Mbappe moving into tournament scoring leader. Front runner even more than before.
He is something else, really wish Pogba would be there w them!
Had the opportunity to see Pogba n Zlatan when they were both at PSG while me n my wife were in Paris for our 25th….it got shot down….I understand, but can’t help but hold some resentment!!!

Slightly sideways to topic. This is a stainless steel and silicon bronze soccer ball I was making for a welding art project a while back. It's Tig brazed together with silicon bronze. All the pieces were hand cut in my shop. I didn't get it finished in time for the entry deadline. It is REALLY pretty when it was polished up. A great soccer fans desk art.IMG_20221204_111023913.jpgIMG_20221204_111129430.jpg

Hard pressed on the ARG v NED matched…like both sides…want to see Messi lift it up…my youth team’s uniform had the blue n white stripes….but love the “orange army”

Takes time. We are.moving in the right direction. 10 years or so ago, we funneled.money to youth development, and its paying off
Gonna have to say nearly never IMHO. We have football baseball basketball to compete with. American soccer is still for the most part for the upper middle class families as the costs for youth to play travel, especially premier league travel is in the 1000’s annually, some of the teams home/away kits are 500 a season. This is typically where talent is found, colleges come to large tournies and few get recruited from high school. I’ve coached travel teams and high school. Most kids with talent who come from families have little resources to get these kids noticed.

Gonna have to say nearly never IMHO. We have football baseball basketball to compete with. American soccer is still for the most part for the upper middle class families as the costs for youth to play travel, especially premier league travel is in the 1000’s annually, some of the teams home/away kits are 500 a season. This is typically where talent is found, colleges come to large tournies and few get recruited from high school. I’ve coached travel teams and high school. Most kids with talent who come from families have little resources to get these kids noticed.
The 3 other main sports is what I feel likes holds the US back.

I will be the first to admit that I don't understand the "development" of the sport of soccer, but the paradox fascinates me. American soccer is second-rate because it's a rich kids sport, but third-world countries in the middle of nowhere play all the time. They can't afford to buy a ball, so they wad up some plastic bags and wrap it with tape and play. How did Senegal get as far in the World Cup as the United States?

QQ

I will be the first to admit that I don't understand the "development" of the sport of soccer, but the paradox fascinates me. American soccer is second-rate because it's a rich kids sport, but third-world countries in the middle of nowhere play all the time. They can't afford to buy a ball, so they wad up some plastic bags and wrap it with tape and play. How did Senegal get as far in the World Cup as the United States?

QQ
Because it's a way out in Senegal.

It's not a way out in the US.

Back