Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

World Cup competition begins today

Not trying to hijack thread but I completely do not understand the soccer thing. I even coached my kids. I don’t get the fascination.

I didn’t either for a long time , just keep drinking and watch more , you’ll come around ⚽️
It makes me want to drink. A bunch of sissies who every time they get tripped or get a hang nail they cry like they broke a leg. You watch a game for two hours that can end in a tie? As you probably know being from Portland, Timbers were one thing to watch, the women team ruined it with all the woke shit, then the Timbers went woke.

It makes me want to drink. A bunch of sissies who every time they get tripped or get a hang nail they cry like they broke a leg. You watch a game for two hours that can end in a tie? As you probably know being from Portland, Timbers were one thing to watch, the women team ruined it with all the woke shit, then the Timbers went woke.

It was fun to watch a game sitting in the Timbers Army back in the day ! Sad to see what has happened to that city . Ya guys play up injuries to try to get the refs attention an earn a foul , but soccer also has some very violent collisions, I never played soccer growing up , baseball , football, hockey, basketball, the old mentality of be tuff your not hurt , so when I first started watching soccer that was something I always made fun of the overdramatized reaction to a foul , now I see it as part of the gamesmanship of soccer.

It makes me want to drink. A bunch of sissies who every time they get tripped or get a hang nail they cry like they broke a leg.
Vs... baseball or basketball? Sure they flop in soccer, but there's way more contact than either of the others, plus they're actually athletes

Vs... baseball or basketball? Sure they flop in soccer, but there's way more contact than either of the others, plus they're actually athletes
All those sports are full of whoosies! Now hockey, that's where the real men play and don't act like babies. Look at E. Kane a few weeks ago. Skate blade slices his wrist open and he doesn't flop like a fish on the ice. He gets up like a man and runs to the locker room. If that happened in football, he would be on the field for 20 mintues and then carted away.

Every sport as great athletes that have unique skill sets for that specific sport to play at the highest level, I wouldn’t say that soccer players are better athletes than basketball or baseball different sports different skill sets required

Every sport as great athletes that have unique skill sets for that specific sport to play at the highest level, I wouldn’t say that soccer players are better athletes than basketball or baseball different sports different skill sets required
Professional baseball
Screenshot_20221126_093400.jpg
Former pro basketball
Screenshot_20221126_093520.jpg
I'm not saying there aren't athletes but that they're not all athletes

Actually comparing pro sports is silly due to what the money does to it and the athletes. If we compare ncaa level sports, I think we can all agree that they all play hard, aren't babies and all true atheletes

Flopping is slowly going away, still there but not as bad. As to going down easy, remember those studs are metal and the contact point is often on smaller bones that are unprotected. It hurts. Plus on a dead run it doesn't take much to trip someone up

Diving is still there for some. Ronaldo getting a PK a fee days ago was a flop, it should have been reversed by VAR

Basketball yes. Bunch of overpaid babies. Baseball completely different. Play over 100 games a year.

Flopping is slowly going away, still there but not as bad. As to going down easy, remember those studs are metal and the contact point is often on smaller bones that are unprotected. It hurts. Plus on a dead run it doesn't take much to trip someone up
I don't bother trying to explain it to people because most have their mind made up but lots of truth here. Lot of what are called flops are not flops but physics, haha.

That said there are still teams and leagues where it's common and it can get pretty dorky, I won't lie about that. Don't see it much on this current US squad though

What some don't understand. World cup tournament is actually years long. This month is the finals. The world is split in geographic groups. Each group plays across about 2 years of matches and qualify for the final 31 slots. The host country gets the 32nd slot.

What's happening now is the finals. 4 team groups in round Robin play. 2 go home 2 go to final 16 knockout bracket, so no more ties.

It's probably the only true world championship

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back