Caribou Gear

World Baseball Classic

----

Anybody else following along?

I'm watching the Dominicans beat up on the Yankees right now, should be a pretty loaded team. I think it's pretty cool seeing the different talent levels from the different countries.

Looking forward to watching 'Merica take on Mexico Friday. Conveniently and symbolically played in Arizona I see...

I'm go out on a limb and say Japan makes it a three-peat.

Haven't paid attention this year, but I went in 2009 and watched Netherlands/Venezuela and U.S./Puerto Rico. It was in Miami, definitely a home game for Puerto Rico. Also noticed that both Puerto Rico and Venezuela have much more national pride and culture than US. I'll see if I can dig up some of the video we took of them singing, chanting, dancing for 4 hours straight. They were totally harshin our spring break melo.

Haven't paid attention this year, but I went in 2009 and watched Netherlands/Venezuela and U.S./Puerto Rico. It was in Miami, definitely a home game for Puerto Rico. Also noticed that both Puerto Rico and Venezuela have much more national pride and culture than US. I'll see if I can dig up some of the video we took of them singing, chanting, dancing for 4 hours straight. They were totally harshin our spring break melo.

North American games start tomorrow, so far it's just been overseas qualifying rounds.

Definitely a fair bit of national pride from the Caribbean teams, makes it fun to watch. I couldn't believe the blowback from Venezuela when Felix pulled out.

Watching Japan this morning I don't think they have the offense or pitching to win it all again, they'll need luck to get to San Francisco. Cuba & Chinese Taipei are looking good. U.S. has good starting position players but pitching looks weak.

I'm headed to Phx in a week for Spring Training, one of the games I'm going to is a WBC team.

I'm watching with mild interest.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back