Workin dogs--lets see em

mileyandnichoe.jpg

ditchmiley.jpg

My favorite hunting girls, so much fun hunting with them.

My French Brittany, Colt! Don't use him near as much as I should. He definitely is well bread and knows what he's doing more often than I do.

Attachments

• DSCN0118.jpg
    DSCN0118.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,465
First up is my thirteen year old lab. i really wish I would have taken more and better pictures over the years.

Attachments

• arron dog1563_1.jpg
    arron dog1563_1.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 889
  • IMGP1572.jpg
    IMGP1572.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 840
Up next is my 1-year old GWP. Again, next season I need to make sure I take better photos and not in the back of the rig.

Attachments

• 2012-09-29_18-48-22_720.jpg
    2012-09-29_18-48-22_720.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 880
Awesome pictures theat...

That looks like one very happy dog.

Recently Adopted GSP he was 20 months old when I got him in October, only got to hunt with him three times this past fall but he seems like he knows what hes doing. Hopefully I'll get to work with him more this upcoming fall.
Oh and He doesn't know how to sit on command any tips on how to teach a two yr old how to sit I can't push his butt down?

Going for a run in Febuary
DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0709.jpg

Last edited:
Bennett454, Good lookin' pooch. Far as the sitting thing goes you have to push his butt down. Little trick to help along with this is to take collar, start pushing down on butt and pull back on collar, kinda rock him back and down if ya know what I mean. When you get him sat down hold him there a few seconds. Repeat the command continuously while doing this. After a few seconds love him up real good, make a big deal out of it. Don't be mean and jerk him around just slow and easy, but firm. He should come around fairly quick.

Bennett454, Good lookin' pooch. Far as the sitting thing goes you have to push his butt down. Little trick to help along with this is to take collar, start pushing down on butt and pull back on collar, kinda rock him back and down if ya know what I mean. When you get him sat down hold him there a few seconds. Repeat the command continuously while doing this. After a few seconds love him up real good, make a big deal out of it. Don't be mean and jerk him around just slow and easy, but firm. He should come around fairly quick.

Good advice, I did the same with Fritz, although hes an missing a few screws up North so it only took him 2 years to learn how to sit. I did what you explained with the addition of many, many treats and repeating sit many, many times. One day he just sat on command out of the blue and I rewarded him and he sits on command every time now...

Hes a goofy dog, he cant even bark right. Its more of a hound dog howl but I have to say he has some of the most natural hunting talent I have seen (with the limited training I have done) in a dog. Get him out in grouse country, hes a totally different dog.

Hey fowladdict, nice ugly dog.
You've never really hunted birds till you've hunted with an ugly dog.

Hey fowladdict, nice ugly dog.
You've never really hunted birds till you've hunted with an ugly dog.

He is the funniest looking dog I will ever own. He has the biggest heart and a strong desire to please in the field. He did pretty good his first season (lots to work on though) and I am already looking forward to him growing even more next season. After watching Si hunt with a poodle on Duck Dynasty Im thinking the more ridiculous they look the better the dog. ;)

Thanks I started working with him tonight seems to be picking up quick will keep on him though!

Here's a couple of my Suzie dog I had to put down yesterday. She had a wonderful, albeit short career ended by torn cruciate ligaments in both legs and auto immune disease that has basically crippled her after her 4th season. She made it to 7 years old before she couldn't stay on her feet well enough for me to be comfortable with her situation.

Attachments

• Suzie's last roosters.JPG
    Suzie's last roosters.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 695
  • 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 688
  • D9 Drake Limit.JPG
    D9 Drake Limit.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 695
Back