Workin dogs--lets see em

Here's a few of my new pup Chase. He's not quite two years old yet, but he knows a thing or two about getting birds. I'm looking forward to some good days in the field with this little rascal in the future.

Attachments

• 1108121235.jpg
    1108121235.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 705
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 695
  • Picture 028 v2.JPG
    Picture 028 v2.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 764
  • Chase and roosters.JPG
    Chase and roosters.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 700
Last edited:
bennett454, Might take two or three days but he will get it fast, specially if he trusts you and wants to please. Don't like carrying a bunch of treats in my pocket so love and praise will work, and work better in the long run. Ten to fifteen minutes a day will suffice and then some serious play time after. Glad it's working so far........... not a professional trainer but have trained a few of my own. Never had one that is trained by a trainer. I also let them have thier head as they smell and seem to pick up where the birds are better than I could.. some say my dogs are wild childs but they respond to command when given and find birds, I just follow. It works!!! Thanks for the reply and let me know if I can assist further. Joe

Two years ago at the age of 10 months old was out finding wild birds like a champ. To bad my shooting wasnt up to the same level. We did end up with a few and look forward to next season as she has spent a great deal of time with the trainer.

Attachments

• DSC_0397.JPG
    DSC_0397.JPG
    415.3 KB · Views: 643
Fowladdict1: We have the same dog. When I look at your dog I see mine. My dog is "Hank" he is a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon. This photo was taken a few years back after a surgery. LOVE UGLY DOGS!! Same as yours... he has the biggest heart.

picture.php

good luck to all
the dog

All you Montana guys and NO Wirehaired Pointing Griffons??? Montana is supposedly a hotbed for this breed. I will admit they do not have the greatest noses, however, they retrieve everything, have the biggest hearts of any dog that I know & will be your best friend forever.

Hank & Mike... brother and sister. Mike passed away last spring and Hank will probably not last through the summer. 14 years old. Lots of great memories.
picture.php

Mike with a retrieve.
picture.php

My Griffs also work in a different way. Every year when "PET WEEK" comes around I take them to the local schools and do a "pet talk". They just love the kids.
picture.php

My third dog, a GSP.. Browndog. Just the oppisite of the Griffs... he can point a bird 40 yards way.
picture.php

Love everyone's photos and I can relate to every photo.

good luck to all
the dog

Here is my baby. This is her very first retrieve when she was about seven months old. The goose is a cackling Canadian goose (she is fairly small and weighs about 60 lbs). Sorry for the poor image but I only had my cell phone and thought about it as she was bringing it in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
My kid and dogs

Hunting and relaxing

Attachments

• DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 707
  • DSC_0650.JPG
    DSC_0650.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 690
  • DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 693
Gordon Setter

Dual Champion Tartana Champaign Charlie. circa 1989. His littermate, Tartana Black Dodger was 1989 National Gordon Setter Open Shooting Dog Champion.

Attachments

• Image (12).jpg
    Image (12).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 710
Brittany

Ralph, my Brittany at 6 months old pointing grouse in Wisconsin. Best dog I ever owned. 2nd pic, Belle, Ralph's mother. 3rd pic, grouse. 4th pic. Belle and I, Waiting our turn to run at a NSRTA Trial.

Attachments

• Image (11).jpg
    Image (11).jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 625
  • Image (22).jpg
    Image (22).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 617
  • Image (8).jpg
    Image (8).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 626
  • Image (21).jpg
    Image (21).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 669
Ill make my first post showing of the dog. Why not.

This is his first rooster!

Wife wanted a "pretty picture" with the dog/bird

MY daughter and I with her first rooster on her 16th birthday

Thinkin about it

Doin what he lives to do!

Pointing a robin at the park

Awesome looking dogs everybody!

I don't currently have a bird dog but I trained my Catahoula Cur/Husky to find sheds. Here she is with her first solo find.

And she will dance for food too. :D

My mates labs we take bird hunting, but the one on the left called 'Alfie' is my favourite and responds better to my commands than his owners!

Cheers
Richard

This is an old post, but I thought I would throw in a few more photos. Here's Raina(weim) with ducks, doves, quail, and pheasants. And Asha (shorthair) with some pheasants and on point. Raina's 3 this year and Asha's 2, so I hope to add more photos of her this season.

Attachments

• Style.jpg
    Style.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 503
  • rpt.jpg
    rpt.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 488
  • retrieve email.jpg
    retrieve email.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 487
  • Raina-doves.JPG
    Raina-doves.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 471
  • mallard drake 3.jpg
    mallard drake 3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 515
  • asha pt 2.jpg
    asha pt 2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 517
  • 20111112115832.jpg
    20111112115832.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 544
  • versatile dog 7 ducks-4 pheasants.jpg
    versatile dog 7 ducks-4 pheasants.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 510
  • IMAG0169.jpg
    IMAG0169.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 478
Just gotta love the intensity that is shown when all these dogs are on point. Watching them suck in that intoxicating smell.

My springers. Not much for wild bird hunting in NH. So, we run field trials, hunt tests and we hunt places like KS, ND, MI and Maine. A field trial dog that doesn't hunt is just incomplete.

Splash Flash Water Test 042411-22.jpg

Kansas 2011-52.jpg

Bokeh Woody 033012001.jpg

Bokeh - Master Hunter, Field Trial winner, Biggest Splash(3x) and one helluva bird dog.
Bokeh with Trophy-8.jpg
KS 2010-9.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back