Wolves RFD-TV Big Game Forever Colorado

"The destructive nature of wolves."

How about we talk about the destructive nature of fricking cattle or domestic sheep?

Or the destructive nature of overabundant whitetail deer populations? That's one a lot of folks won't touch

just wanted to state, I am not anti-wolf, merely posting articles concerning sportsman, it just happens wolves are a hot topic in my area so a lot of articles and links come thru my social media pertaining to this subject.

"The destructive nature of wolves."

How about we talk about the destructive nature of fricking cattle or domestic sheep?

Or the destructive nature of overabundant whitetail deer populations? That's one a lot of folks won't touch

Great topic for another thread. This topic relates to the big bad wolves. Cattle, elk and deer feed my family, not a dog meat fan, you?

Great topic for another thread. This topic relates to the big bad wolves. Cattle, elk and deer feed my family, not a dog meat fan, you?

I would reckon way more cattle than elk or deer, unless you have a generous neighbor that hunts.

I would reckon way more cattle than elk or deer, unless you have a generous neighbor that hunts.

Still after the personal attack, eh Buzz? Never fails... there is a common saying about asshats that attack the person versus discuss the topic... I bet you are the exception though... ;)

Sytes, not at all, just thought Northwoods Labs made a valid comment that is relevant to the discussion that didn't deserve the comment you made.

Last edited:
Sytes, not at all, just thought Northwoods Labs made a valid comment that is relevant to the discussion that didn't deserve the comment you made.

I tend to agree, any discussion without ecological context is weak at best.

I think Northwood's comments put wolves into perspective. It is easy to demonize wolves when you don't put their impacts into perspective with the rest of the ecosystem.

The bad part is you have 2 fringes battling each other on the wolf topic in CO with most of us stuck in the middle.

Be a leader, not a joiner.

You don't have to let the extremes carry the day. Lots of room to be in the middle, working towards a better solution.

Be a leader, not a joiner.

You don't have to let the extremes carry the day. Lots of room to be in the middle, working towards a better solution.

Everybody is a leader today. Running around in circles waiting for everyone to see their brilliance and fall in behind them. We have countless programs, classes, and workshops to promote "leadership". Not a damn one in followership.

I find myself in the middle and both extremes. Sort of tiring. It's Friday.

Where is that tunes thread?

The whole introduction (NOT reintroduction--another liberal twisting of words to make the idea more palatable to the unknowing) of Canadian grey wolves to the continental US, wiping out the smaller Rocky Mountain wolf subspecies that should've been what the ESA protected, was nothing more than a politically motivated, egregious mis-use of the ESA. It was a complete sham from the beginning because it was motivated by politics and emotion rather than scientifcally sound wildlife managment.

This wolf, this 'illegal alien' wolf, is NOTHING more than a bio-political tool of the left. Period. It eats, in large quanities the animals we hunt. The left loves that because the left hates hunting. This wolf drives cattle ranchers that have had grazing rights on federal/state lands for decades, a major part of their livelihood for generations. The left hates grazing rights. This wolf reduces hunting opportunity, and since those who are willfully ignorant or simple don't know equate the guns of hunting with the 2nd Amendment and see then a foolish lack of need for either. The left hates the 2nd Amendment. This wolf is like the proverbial politcal multi-tool for the left when it comes to these issues.

They will fight for it forever... And it was so easy to fool the people with the issue--the cute wolf, etc., so mischaracterized as the left does with so many predators (and issues) these days.

What a joke.

The Rocky Mountain wolf is the wolf the ESA should've restored. It is completely gone now. Politics...everything is politics for the left. Science and common sense be dammed.

But, it is here now and there's no turning back the hands of time. As hunters, we must do our part in predator control, and we must insist that these wolves be managed by hunters/trappers, etc. backed by sound wildlife management.

The whole introduction (NOT reintroduction--another liberal twisting of words to make the idea more palatable to the unknowing) of Canadian grey wolves to the continental US, wiping out the smaller Rocky Mountain wolf subspecies that should've been what the ESA protected, was nothing more than a politically motivated, egregious mis-use of the ESA. It was a complete sham from the beginning because it was motivated by politics and emotion rather than scientifcally sound wildlife managment.

This wolf, this 'illegal alien' wolf, is NOTHING more than a bio-political tool of the left. Period. It eats, in large quanities the animals we hunt. The left loves that because the left hates hunting. This wolf drives cattle ranchers that have had grazing rights on federal/state lands for decades, a major part of their livelihood for generations. The left hates grazing rights. This wolf reduces hunting opportunity, and since those who are willfully ignorant or simple don't know equate the guns of hunting with the 2nd Amendment and see then a foolish lack of need for either. The left hates the 2nd Amendment. This wolf is like the proverbial politcal multi-tool for the left when it comes to these issues.

They will fight for it forever... And it was so easy to fool the people with the issue--the cute wolf, etc., so mischaracterized as the left does with so many predators (and issues) these days.

What a joke.

The Rocky Mountain wolf is the wolf the ESA should've restored. It is completely gone now. Politics...everything is politics for the left. Science and common sense be dammed.

But, it is here now and there's no turning back the hands of time. As hunters, we must do our part in predator control, and we must insist that these wolves be managed by hunters/trappers, etc. backed by sound wildlife management.

Ahh yes...the Canadian "super wolf". Frickin hilarious. Never hunt Wisconsin, we are full of these "introduced Canadian super wolves" ha ha

Also, I by no means favor the forever protection of wolves. We need a season in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and the UP. However, I am absolutely sick and tired of the demonizing of them by hunters, like the guy above me. These guys run around with "hunting is conservation" stickers, but then piss and moan about reviving native wildlife species that may rival them for game. Wolf populations in this country are a success. There are plenty of guys getting it done on this website in wolf country. Why? Because they have skills, knowledge, and put in the time. They aren't running around buying the latest gadgets, they are out in the field, often times in crappy conditions. If wolves are making it so much more difficult for your hunting, then here is a suggestion: rather than pissing and moaning on the internet, hunt a little harder

https://vimeo.com/302332804 Just one of many such...

Wolves have not made hunting any more difficult for me, yet. But I have several friends/family in areas where they have made game largely dissapear as they move into an area and either decimate the populations of prey species and/or the prey species move out because of the wolves. I listen to these people and many others. People I know and respect that have witnessed big changes. My father in law has been stalking elk only to then see wolf tracks come into the following the same elk track, then a few minutes later hear multiple wolves howling just ahead in what appeared to be an indicator of just killing the elk my father in law was following. He backed out rather than risk running into a pack of wolves.

I've ran into wolves multiple time between time here in Washington and Vancouver Island. Vancouver Island has a large populations of wolves that are causing all kinds of trouble. There are several well documented cases of wolves attacking camping sea kayakers on remote beaches on Vancouver Island.

One of several: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtsRWUotTPI

And another: https://globalnews.ca/video/3334206/wolf-attacks-prompt-warning-on-popular-vancouver-island-beach

Which liberal pile of sand are you sticking your head into?

It doesn't take to much effort to find many of these examples...make some effort. Many examples from your own area.

I'm not demonizing wolves, I'm demonizing the politics surrounding them. That should be pretty clear, if what I wrote is actually read. You are taking a classic liberal tact of twisting my words and falsely trying to use them against me. It won't work.

So the invasive, non-native wolf kills off huge amounts of game the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation have produced and hunters have largely paid for and routinely attacks humans, their pets, their domestic animals. What part of this is good? 'Wolf populations are a success', you say? Hmm... That's an easy 5 words to type that means nothing. By what standard? A political lie? Give me a break.

Have you read anything by Dr. Valerie Geist? One of the few willing to stand up against the liberal onslaught in this regard and speak truth?

I'm demonizing the fact that liberals that propogated this whole lie, abused the ESA in draconian fashion in a way that actually caused a whole sub-species of native wolf that was here in the Rocky Mountains to be forever removed from the earth. THAT concerns me and should concern anyone. If you want to understand anything, you have to go back to it's orgins, and when you do hear the other side of this issue, and specifically regarding it's origins of a non-native, invasive sub-species of wolf being illegally introduced to the lower 48, instead of sticking your head in the proverbial liberal sand and believing their brainwashing indoctrination, you start to understand the issue in a whole new way.

This introduced wolf is about the politics of the left. Period. Wake up and smell the roses.

Plenty of people getting it done? There are also plenty of people who aren't getting it done directly because of the 'lovable' wolf and those who foolishly introduced a non-native subspecies to an area it was never in previously. By what standard of yours must a hunter be 'man enough' to get it done? My wife shot 3 elk out of the North Yellowstone herd many years ago and that herd fed many familes for years. It is now at about 10% population of what it used to be. Was it over it's target back then? Sure. But not by that much and wolves were not needed to fix the issue. Instead now we have greatly reduced opportunity for many to fill their freezers because the wolves are reducing tag availability tremendously with their well documented 23 elk per year per wolf take.

Another video: https://vimeo.com/28858208

And they don't just take the sick and lame. More liberal talking point nonsense to appease the unknowing. There are thousands of cases where sheep, elk, cattle, deer, horses are killed for the sport of killing only. That's what packs of wild dogs do often. I've seen it with my own eyes. My grandfather raised sheep close to town and had issues routinely with roaming packs of domestic dogs. I've seen mulitple bodies of my grandfathers sheep in fenced pasture simply killed for sport. Wolves do the same thing many times over. Many other instance abound. Do just a little bit of study.

Tell us about yourself, Northwoods. I'm starting to wonder about your background.

Back