Wolf populations drop! Idaho

Is there a map out there that shows wolf locations, not just packs?

The map that IDFG put out with their report doesn't show wolves in some areas that I know contain wolves because assumably they aren't an established pack. I understand the logic in doing this, but I would love to see total wolf distribution. And does the report count these wolves? I read the report but couldn't decipher this.

Is there a map out there that shows wolf locations, not just packs?

The map that IDFG put out with their report doesn't show wolves in some areas that I know contain wolves because assumably they aren't an established pack. I understand the logic in doing this, but I would love to see total wolf distribution. And does the report count these wolves? I read the report but couldn't decipher this.

The wording of the delisting rules does not allow f&g to count a lot of wolves that they know exist. I'm not sure if these numbers mirror the delisting numbers.

The wording of the delisting rules does not allow f&g to count a lot of wolves that they know exist. I'm not sure if these numbers mirror the delisting numbers.

If you are referring to the pack definition & what constitutes the 15/150 then it's more the biology of wolves dictating that aspect. MT does a minimum estimated count, then they extrapolate the breeding pair/pack formula from that.

They are two different things. Similar in the difference between herd size for elk and bull/cow or cow/calf ratios. Different data for different things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back