Witchy Woman

Ovis

So I am about to book a cruise to Mexico for the wife and I. You know, 10 years of marriage is a big deal...worthy of celebrating. I find out the last thing she wants to do is a cruise.

Okay, fair enough. I recommend a trip to Martha's Vineyard, the Biltmore estate, Sin City, the Oregon Coast...according to her, these are all "okay" places. Hmmm...I'm stumped. 11 years of being with this woman and I still don't know what makes her tick.

So, screw it. I give her the reins. Plan the trip and surprise MEEE. Well, surprise, surprise...I need to find my flip'n Mickey Mouse ears. Last family vacation we took....to Disney World. 10 year honeymoon trip...to Disney World. Guess what? When my youngest daughter turns 4 in Feb of 09, I've been told we are going back...to Disney World. I freakity freak love <HATE> Disney World. But I'm a good husband and believe in giving and taking, so I smile with elation.

Tickets are purchased, reservations are made with the hotel. I look at the dates for the trip; Nov 17 - 22. Anyone want to take a guess as to opening day for deer-rifle season? Yelp!

Think I will shoot me a mouse dressed in a tux instead. Wipe Disney World off the map...forever. Happy Anniversary to me. :p

I feel for you Ovis. We are going to Disney Land in January with my folks and now we "get" to go to Disney World in February with her folks. Our boys are excited at least.

At least it's not during deer season. Sorry...

Leave a mouse or two for me to bag will ya?

thats just wrong dude..... Never give the woman the reins without expecting to do some chit you don't like to do.
After seeing IB's pictures from the islands I figured that would be all you needed..... humping and hunting

Join the club... opening day of deer season I'll be looking at things like this...

easter_island_04.jpg

Ovis- It sounds like poor planning...Did you actually get married during hunting season? What were you thinking. That means every hunting season there is an anniversary to deal with. The only person I know that was able to do this with good results went on his honeymoon in Alaska to hunt sheep.:D :D

Bummer, Ovis. When I got married I told my fiance at the time that I didn't care when we got married during the first 8 months of the year. The last 4 were out.

We're planning a trip to see family in Florida over Christmas/New Years. My wife told her family that she absolutely did not want to go to Disneyland, but would like to do some fishing.:D

Sorry to hear about your bad news.

Not unlike some of the others, some of our life plans revolved around hunting also but in our case it was with having kids. No kids could be do during the deer season!

As for me, we will be celebrating my wife's birthday this weekend in the southwestern part of the state on an antelope hunt! WooHoo! :)

Guess we planned things a little better (or got lucky). Wedding the first of August and both kids born in March (a couple years after the wedding, sheesh!)

Man the kid thing kills me every year, I leave Sunday for deer camp and one daughters birthday is Monday, luckily I was able to entice her with a horseback riding birthday party on Saturday. then my oldest daughter's birthday is the end of the month but she is in college so I can call her to wish her a happy birthday. my 3rd daughter is 2 weeks after that.....a week after deer season ends.

Luckily the anniversary is in January and my sons birthday is in April.

Same as Oak here-no wedding from aug 1 to jan 31. Except she wakes me up telling me to hurry up so we can go kill something!! So maybe she would suprise me with a guided hunt ???? Maybe I should show her this thread...

Ovis,

Hey, I have found some great alligator hunting opportunities online in Florida. I am going to see if I can swing it while there for Disney World. Don't know if you have time but you may look into it. Probably not a great anniversary thing but I thought I would let you know.

Back