Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wish Me Luck, Please

I get at least one request a year here on the farm and have never denied anyone from retrieving a deer In the 30 years I’ve owned it. Most times I’ve stopped hunting and helped to find the deer. I do ask a few questions up front and in short order you can tell if it’s a BS story or not. Good luck on finding your deer

I am sorry but I cannot let this one go. This is not good advice. Trespassing is never ok! As a hunter you are representing yourself AND all of us…represent yourself and us with integrity. Integrity defined: “doing the right thing when no one is watching.”
So, you would rather commit waste of an animal you shot instead of trying every reasonable means possible to get the deer? Do you suggest to keep shooting/wasting them until one drops in a convenient location? That’s real noble of you.

Realistically, I’m sure they have a plan put together to hopefully avoid breaking any laws, retrieve the deer and remedy the situation.

So, you would rather commit waste of an animal you shot instead of trying every reasonable means possible to get the deer? Do you suggest to keep shooting/wasting them until one drops in a convenient location? That’s real noble of you.

Realistically, I’m sure they have a plan put together to hopefully avoid breaking any laws, retrieve the deer and remedy the situation.
I said none of that! You gave bad advice that was suggesting they break the law. I suggest you check your motives and morals before you try to do it for me!😉

Sooooo jacked you found him!! Would you say you would have never found him without the professional poochy??? I’ve thought of hiring a couple times but never did..
one we did retrieve (thankfully)
the other I think survived..

That’s a dandy buck! Knowing now what you saw yesterday, I’d of not slept either 😳

Sooooo jacked you found him!! Would you say you would have never found him without the professional poochy??? I’ve thought of hiring a couple times but never did..
one we did retrieve (thankfully)
the other I think survived..

That’s a dandy buck! Knowing now what you saw yesterday, I’d of not slept either 😳
If he had taken a different path and died in a different location, their is an excellent chance we never would have found him. I think without the dog, given where he died, we would have found him eventually. He died in a fairly open 30 yard wide strip between the creek and the property line. There is a heavy trail along there and I think we would have checked that area eventually. I’m pretty confident though that we’d have spent several hours getting to that point and with high temps near 60 degrees, he would have spoiled by then.

Backing out immediately and getting the dog in there was 1,000% the right call. I don’t always get it right, but I did on Saturday. Thanks for the support.

900 yds is a long long way in thick cover. Looks like the dog was worth every cent. Losing a buck like that would be brutal. Congrats!!

Great buck! Grats on locating. I had a muley hit during archery. Ran so many circles... Tracking blood everywhere. Two of us searching. We re-grouped, took it fresh and grid searched the area - Amazingly, we did continuous circles right around the darn deer! Haha! Heck looked as though we likely walked right onto it at one point. It bedded down between roots of a few 2' high bushes, camouflaged within.

One of the, if not THE worst feeling within hunting is the fear of not recovering an animal. Very cool to see a great outcome!

Great job. That is a great looking buck. As to the trespassing thing. Call first. Like Corn King we get a deer or two a year that crosses the fence. Pretty easy to figure out if the guy is legit. I will always go with make sure the story adds up. Wife is always happy to have one of the garden raiders eliminated, any shot on the neighbors are likely culprits for the garden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back