Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wish me luck, Headed to Unit 2 (CO)

BTROCKS

Leaving tomorrow morning for Unit 2 early rifle. Will have the entire season Oct.1-11 to hunt if needed. Thanks goes out to drewbeck,Khunter and bobmuley for the help so far!

This unit is crazy I looked at 40-50 bulls in 4 days! Took this bull opening morning after watching him the night before. He was king of this particular rut area and the best looking bull I saw leading up to the kill. I saw several that would probably score better but he had it all, mass, tine length, great 3rds 4ths and 5ths. And was a fairly easy pack out my brother in law and I were able to bone him out and get him to the truck in two heavy trips. Once again thanks to DREWBECK, KHunter, and Bobmuley for the info. they were all pretty much spot on as to where I would find the rutting groups. I can't get the screaming elk out of my head! It was an awesome experience to partake in.

unit2elkhunt017.jpg

unit2elkhunt011.jpg

unit2elkhunt013.jpg

unit2elkhunt002.jpg

Nice work!! Has to be the clearest spotting scope pic posted on HuntTalk. Talk about a target rich environment, you had all sorts of options.

Nice bull. It's a fun unit to play around in. I was driving through there Saturday morning and realized that 6 years earlier to the minute I was packing my bull out of that unit.

I have a lot of spotting scope pics to sort through and download from another camera, I will post them when I can. VORTEX OPTICS!!!! Most pics were from about half a mile.

That spotting scope pic is awesome.
Great bull too, he's really got some character.

Back