Winter Project

Bedding screws have kind of been holding me back. Have seen spring clamps, surgical tubing, rubber bands, etc.

idnative, I just bedded my 721. I used the Acra-glas gel kit. It isn't difficult, just take your time. Use lots of rlease agent. If I do another one, I'm gonna get or make some bedding srews. mtmuley

I did use painters tape to apply firm pressure. It's just less nerve wracking if you don't thread in the actual action screws and pray you used enough release. mtmuley

Still need to knock down the shine to satin, then think about scope mounts. Will be punching the rear sight out for scope clearance. Don't want to, but needs to be done. Now I know why dad had a little dinky, skinny Western Auto scope mounted on it. Cross hairs so fine I can hardly see them in bright light. He was always going to put K-4 on it. A bud set me up with one in trade. The thing doesn't even have so much as finger print on it. That and his leather sling and I hope he smiles down from above.

Bump to the top. Looking at restocking my 721.

That Boyd's stock looks great. I like the straight comb compared to the original ones.

Question for you idnative1948. Boyd's website lists that stock to have a l.o.p. of 13 3/4". Will you please confirm that? If that is accurate, I'm ordering promptly. A 1" pad should put l.o.p. 14 1/4" which is perfect for me.

Last edited:
I've had a couple 721s, but its been a few years back. IIRC most M700 parts are interchangeable with a little bubba-smithing. A stock should be pretty easy swap. The CDL stocks are really nice looking and should drop in fairly easily.

Another option is Richards Microfit stocks. Similar to Boyds, but may require a bit more work. Lots of options and wood to chose from.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back