Wine whine

If your going to go wine tasting i would recommend going to Lake Chelan Winery, it was by far our favorite in the area. Up the hill is Benson they are quality a little higher priced. Wine is moderately priced and we normally liked more than dislike. If your just going in the wenatchee area the new Watermill is decent they are related to Waterbrook which is down in the WW area. Bianchi in East Wenatchee is good along with the neighboring one which im drawing a blank on name, Martin Scott. Whatever you do do not go to Malaga Springs the owner is a crusty old sailor and will not teach you about what he pours.

Why is there no good way to tell if a bottle of wine is good? I mean sure there's some difference in taste but there's many many MANY bottles of simply shitty astringent wine on the shelves that people actually buy!?
That's why you taste at a winery before you buy.

That's why you taste at a winery before you buy.
Yeah, while fun, I'm not especially a believer in that approach. Typically, the wines you're tasting at the vinyard are "young" wines, often barely ready for prime time.

Yeah, while fun, I'm not especially a believer in that approach. Typically, the wines you're tasting at the vinyard are "young" wines, often barely ready for prime time.
Check your states wine competition. See what scores as the better wines for the brand you like.

3 good reds, Malbec, Cabernet, and Merlot right there. All great with a big greasy steak!
Darn right! Waterbrook has made some great vino over the years and is still reasonably priced. Let’s us know how the Luke does. Dinner isn’t complete without a solid red! OK maybe taco night with a negro modello or Dos Equis. Or scratch margarita night. . . Is it Saturday yet!?

If your going to go wine tasting i would recommend going to Lake Chelan Winery, it was by far our favorite in the area. Up the hill is Benson they are quality a little higher priced. Wine is moderately priced and we normally liked more than dislike. If your just going in the wenatchee area the new Watermill is decent they are related to Waterbrook which is down in the WW area. Bianchi in East Wenatchee is good along with the neighboring one which im drawing a blank on name, Martin Scott. Whatever you do do not go to Malaga Springs the owner is a crusty old sailor and will not teach you about what he pours.
Going to Norwood on the Ave. Just a wine bar. Not sure who all they have. Martin Scott thinks they're wine cures cancer based on their prices...

Malaga Springs sounds like an interesting DIY bootstrap winery. I bet crusty Al and @hank4elk would hit it off from the start. Ben Lamb would like the pottery. l like the buildings and the self planted vineyards where they make all of their wine from, onsite. @TOGIE would drool over the fancy colorful labels! I will have to give them a try when I'm in the area.

Last edited:
Going to Norwood on the Ave. Just a wine bar. Not sure who all they have. Martin Scott thinks they're wine cures cancer based on their prices...
Well I wont say that price doesn't matter because i have for sure tasted some expensive wines that i did not care for. But, I have never tasted a low price wine that can compare to some of the higher priced ones. Remember also if you stick to some of the local wines you can normally find them cheaper at the grocery store if you know what your looking for compared to at the winery.

Well I wont say that price doesn't matter because i have for sure tasted some expensive wines that i did not care for. But, I have never tasted a low price wine that can compare to some of the higher priced ones. Remember also if you stick to some of the local wines you can normally find them cheaper at the grocery store if you know what your looking for compared to at the winery.
that is a key, I actually have to remember (write down) ones I like.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back