Wildife Task force 90-10, etc.

But you did say something. Wyoming is somehow responsible for accommodating the dreams of everyone.
Negative. I said nothing of the sort and have never implied that Wyoming is responsible for anything.

We as decent human beings however should have empathy for our fellow human beings.

When I read your reply I literally sighed.

Have a good night.

Negative. I said nothing of the sort and have never implied that Wyoming is responsible for anything.

We as decent human beings however should have empathy for our fellow human beings.

When I read your reply I literally sighed.

Have a good night.

Say one thing but shirk at explaining it. Goodnight.

Say one thing but shirk at explaining it. Goodnight.
I think Shango and I share very similar thoughts, which have already been stated in previous threads. Why beat a dead horse? Agree to disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Shango and I share very similar thoughts, which have already been stated in previous threads. Why bear a dead horse? Agree to disagree.

Nope. Explain why the recent grad or pensioner should be consoled over not being able to drive 1,500 miles to easily hunt in another state or drop the pretense especially if it has already been stated in other threads.

Nope. Explain why the recent grad or pensioner should be consoled over not being able to drive 1,500 miles to easily hunt in another state or drop the pretense especially if it has already been stated in other threads.
No. Go read.

So poignant you must be right.
Never said I was right. Stop being an arrogant jackass.

We’re talking philosophy and opinions, which are not black and white. I’d think you of all people would understand that. Obviously I was mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not complaining about the cost at all. Just trying to figure out why spending $800 to hunt a cow elk and donating money to access yes program isn't pulling my weight. Don't get it at all. Also spending $700 on hotels. + $$ for...food, gas...etc.. seems like I'm contributing. But apparently not doing any "heavy lifting". It's Wyoming's choice to split the tags however they want. Not complaining. I get that, but not sure why there is animosity towards someone dumping money into the system.

Last edited:
Never said I was right. Stop being an arrogant jackass.

Who's being arrogant? I asked for an explanation. Ironically, I was about to post the same thing to you but thought better of it.

I asked demanded an explanation.
I don’t owed you a rehash of why I feel the way I do anymore than Wyoming owes me an explanation of why they want to go 90/10.

I told you it had already been stated in previous threads. Feel free to research it. You disagree and that’s fine.

Tell that to the person that is fresh out of school and pinching pennies to make a hunt happen, or the blue collar folks that are scrimping and saving to make a hunt or two before they get too old to hack it.
Haha. So a couple things most western states allow college kids to be residents in the state and qualify for resident tags. So in all honesty that kid in College could have had 4-5 years of resident tags while in college…
Again for the blue collar worker, they have a choice like everyone else. They can budget and choose what the hunt when. If you can’t afford a hunt once every 2-3 years then you should really re-evaluate your career and money choices.

not to mention if it is just about hunting you can hunt all sorts of animals with no real cost at all. Rabbits, coyotes, squirrels, birds, and so forth. Not everyone can afford African Elephant hunt just as not everyone can be expected to afford a WY elk hunt or an Alaskan brown bear…

Tell that to the person that is fresh out of school and pinching pennies to make a hunt happen, or the blue collar folks that are scrimping and saving to make a hunt or two before they get too old to hack it.
Let's get real here...most hunters, not that long ago didn't hunt 2, 3, 5, 8 states a year.

My Grandfather, barring his stint in Germany during WWII where he hunted roe deer, never hunted but one other state his whole life, the one he was born and died in.

My Dad never hunted but one state until I moved to WY in 2000.

My Brother never hunted but one state until I moved to WY in 2000.

I hunted only one state between 1979-1998....and oddly enough, I DID pinch pennies, put a bend in my back and played pulaski motor to hunt a dall ram for my first NR hunt. I didn't get a discount because I was "fresh out of school".

This idea of hunting a bunch of states is a rather new endeavor and I don't think we need to be worrying about a person fresh out of school. Do we make tickets to the super bowl a different price for those "fresh out of school" or a blue collar guy because he has to actually give up something else to afford a hunt? No...and we shouldn't.

I'd really like to hunt a stone sheep, an argali, a grizzly...either I work my ass off to make it happen or it really isn't that much of a priority. I don't begrudge others that do, and I don't expect sympathy because I can't, or won't afford it.

When I didn't have the money to hunt 3-4-7 states a year, I hunted the state I lived in. I hunted birds, small game, trapped, and hunted what I could afford. I didn't expect another state to feel sorry for my personal woes so I could play too.

Its unfortunate we all can't have it all...but we just can't.

Haha. So a couple things most western states allow college kids to be residents in the state and qualify for resident tags. So in all honesty that kid in College could have had 4-5 years of resident tags while in college…
Again for the blue collar worker, they have a choice like everyone else. They can budget and choose what the hunt when. If you can’t afford a hunt once every 2-3 years then you should really re-evaluate your career and money choices.

not to mention if it is just about hunting you can hunt all sorts of animals with no real cost at all. Rabbits, coyotes, squirrels, birds, and so forth. Not everyone can afford African Elephant hunt just as not everyone can be expected to afford a WY elk hunt or an Alaskan brown bear…
Let's get real here...most hunters, not that long ago didn't hunt 2, 3, 5, 8 states a year.

My Grandfather, barring his stint in Germany during WWII where he hunted roe deer, never hunted but one other state his whole life, the one he was born and died in.

My Dad never hunted but one state until I moved to WY in 2000.

My Brother never hunted but one state until I moved to WY in 2000.

I hunted only one state between 1979-1998....and oddly enough, I DID pinch pennies, put a bend in my back and played pulaski motor to hunt a dall ram for my first NR hunt. I didn't get a discount because I was "fresh out of school".

This idea of hunting a bunch of states is a rather new endeavor and I don't think we need to be worrying about a person fresh out of school. Do we make tickets to the super bowl a different price for those "fresh out of school" or a blue collar guy because he has to actually give up something else to afford a hunt? No...and we shouldn't.

I'd really like to hunt a stone sheep, an argali, a grizzly...either I work my ass off to make it happen or it really isn't that much of a priority. I don't begrudge others that do, and I don't expect sympathy because I can't, or won't afford it.

When I didn't have the money to hunt 3-4-7 states a year, I hunted the state I lived in. I hunted birds, small game, trapped, and hunted what I could afford. I didn't expect another state to feel sorry for my personal woes so I could play too.

Its unfortunate we all can't have it all...but we just can't.

Who is talking about hunting 3 or 4 States a year.

I am talking about someone being able to hunt 1 State a couple of times in their life.

I literally think of my grandpa as an example. Born dirt floor poor. Would out work about anyone on the planet. Was able to finally afford to put a couple of trips to Colorado together and kill a mule deer and an elk after he had got up their in age and retired.

Sure wouldn't want that poor trash to be out west galivanting around your woods after your animals.

I am tired of talking about it. If ya don't get it, ya don't get it at this point.

No problem with personal finances being a roadblock to travel to hunt. I do have a problem with tag prices being sky high to stick it to a non res just because they can.

But you did say something. Wyoming is somehow responsible for accommodating the dreams of everyone.
Wyoming has very few residents and a bunch of critters. Hunting dreams is what Wyoming provides for many Americans. Not much different than Florida providing beach vacations. And please don’t forget that Wyoming has 62 million acres of FEDERAL land. I certainly won’t apologize for coming out there and hunting on it now and again.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back