PEAX Equipment

Wildife Task force 90-10, etc.

How are you certain that tag prices being high is to "stick it to a non res"
I’ve watched it happen over the years. Gulf Coast states went to a salt water license. The interior Southern states reacted to it by jacking up their non resident deer tags. Louisiana vs Mississippi. Florida vs Georgia.
I see Western states jacking up tag prices because other states have raised theirs. Hunters will pay it so charges keep going up.

Who is talking about hunting 3 or 4 States a year.

I am talking about someone being able to hunt 1 State a couple of times in their life.

I literally think of my grandpa as an example. Born dirt floor poor. Would out work about anyone on the planet. Was able to finally afford to put a couple of trips to Colorado together and kill a mule deer and an elk after he had got up their in age and retired.

Sure wouldn't want that poor trash to be out west galivanting around your woods after your animals.

I am tired of talking about it. If ya don't get it, ya don't get it at this point.
Glad your Grandfather got to hunt out of state, mine didn't except when he was busy defending democracy....

I’ve watched it happen over the years. Gulf Coast states went to a salt water license. The interior Southern states reacted to it by jacking up their non resident deer tags. Louisiana vs Mississippi. Florida vs Georgia.
I see Western states jacking up tag prices because other states have raised theirs. Hunters will pay it so charges keep going up.
I hear you, I just feel that's more a product of capitalizing on the available market than something that's done out of malice or spite.

I was thinking more along the lines of " my grandpa and your grandpa sitting by a fire, as long as it's not in Wyoming"......

Your grandpa sounds exactly like the kind of person I would like to see hunting in Wyoming. I'm not sure why someone who has the desire can't make a hunt happen here every couple years with a bit of planning.

Your grandpa sounds exactly like the kind of person I would like to see hunting in Wyoming. I'm not sure why someone who has the desire can't make a hunt happen here every couple years with a bit of planning.
I appreciate that.

Life happens I guess. My grandpa worked his tail off into his 70's. They never had much extra money that I remember.

currently the wyoming gen elk tag is a 4 to 5 year venture in points as a non res,,i had 4 and didnt draw it yet
2021 elk demand report for general reg&spec says 4 pts drew tag but maybe i am reading it wrong? Reg elk:1240 322 4 322 100.00% better call game and fish and tell them they messed that up also. Wyoming is obviously out to get you...

My survey responses:

The Taskforce is considering recommending that preference points for moose and bighorn sheep be converted to weighted bonus points. What would you like the Taskforce to know about this idea? Support 100% This should help promote engagement in the conservation legacy of Wyoming as it broadens the base of stakeholders, especially among the next generation of hunters.

The Taskforce is considering recommending the addition of type 9 (archery only) licenses for the Big 5 species (bighorn sheep, mountain goat, moose, wild bison, grizzly bear). What would you like the Taskforce to know about this idea? Seems a bit gimmicky. Rather than try to squeeze a little more opportunity out of existing hallmark big game species, there may be better approaches in order to issue more tags. Ex: figure out a way to phase out domestic grazing from historical sheep habitat, and also how to eliminate and reduce feral horse populations.

The Taskforce discussed at their September meeting multiple ideas related to increasing resident hunter opportunities for elk, deer and antelope. What would you like the members to know about this topic? Antelope: The lowest hanging fruit, by far, is to END the loathsome One Shot hunt, which robs premium tags from residents and gifts them to celebrities, on the public's dollar. The G&F commission has demonstrated unwillingness to quit issuing the tags, so the best hope may be to take it back to the legislature to put this sordid chapter in WY antelope hunting to rest. Also, consider going to 90/10 R/NR, so more of the premium tags go to residents. NR's will still get the same total number of tags, since unused R quota spills over to the NR pool anyways. Lastly, raise the NR doe tag to $150, and reduce the # of tags available in the initial draw to one per NR hunter.

Deer: Have the R general tag be good for WT only, and go to fully limited for MD with a 90/10 R/NR split.

Elk: Move to 90/10 on LQ tags.

The Taskforce discussed at their September meeting multiple ideas related to landowner matters. What would you like the members to know about this topic? Aggressively pursue opening up landlocked public land hunting access.

What topics would you like the Wyoming Wildlife Taskforce to address? Figure out a way to sunset the NR Wilderness Rule.

What other information would you like to provide to the taskforce? I have visited WY many times over the last 30 years to fish, backpack, camp, sightsee, and hunt. It is a wonderful state, and I have met many friendly people there including landowners, hunters, and outfitters. I am very grateful for the opportunities I have enjoyed and I am in full support of expanding resident hunting opportunities even if it comes at the expense of fewer opportunities for myself.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back