Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wildife Task force 90-10, etc.

I thought all big 5 was now going OIL under the proposed change? I only remember that cause me and a certain other frequent poster with knowledge of this argued about it, me in favor of no OIL for bison and moose.
It might be. I didn't look.

I only had time to listen in for about 10 minutes this week. @BuzzH, were there any notable changes to landowner licenses discussed?

Passed the house into the senate. The only real grumblings on this is around the time line. One version seems to increase the percent by 2% each year the next 5 years, but I heard that was recently struck down. The other was making everyone in the 5 year wait period as being already done and considered as having once in a lifetime.

Passed the house into the senate. The only real grumblings on this is around the time line. One version seems to increase the percent by 2% each year the next 5 years, but I heard that was recently struck down. The other was making everyone in the 5 year wait period as being already done and considered as having once in a lifetime.
They removed the 5 year deal, was in general session this morning i believe. Should know shortly a real status.

They removed the 5 year deal, was in general session this morning i believe. Should know shortly a real status.
I had heard the same but not able to confirm. I am pretty certain it is a go...

So would that mean anyone who draws a tag going forward from this year is done, or anyone who has ever drawn a tag is done?

So would that mean anyone who draws a tag going forward from this year is done, or anyone who has ever drawn a tag is done?
No they were talking about the implementation time line. There was an an amendment that would require the state to implement the 10% rule at 2% every year for the next 5 years. Thus it would be 2027 before complete. That was dropped and the 90/10 would be implemented right away.

For the Once in a Lifetime aspect of the change, anyone who draws going forward is one and done. They also decided that anyone who is currently in the 5 year waiting period (meaning they drew a tag in the last 5 years) is also considered done for lifetime.

Sen Salazar will carry the bill to the Senate Floor for it's vote there on Monday. If it passes, it's back to the House for another vote there. If it passes both chambers, it's on to Governor Gordon for his needed signature.

Sen Salazar will carry the bill to the Senate Floor for it's vote there on Monday. If it passes, it's back to the House for another vote there. If it passes both chambers, it's on to Governor Gordon for his needed signature.
That monday was yesterday, it slid right into today. I havent read anything that mentions how will effect previous tag holders: buddy had a sheep 5 years ago (-his 2nd) is he now out of draws or is his next tag OIL? We can all guess but legislation i seen didnt spell situation out

No they were talking about the implementation time line. There was an an amendment that would require the state to implement the 10% rule at 2% every year for the next 5 years. Thus it would be 2027 before complete. That was dropped and the 90/10 would be implemented right away.

For the Once in a Lifetime aspect of the change, anyone who draws going forward is one and done. They also decided that anyone who is currently in the 5 year waiting period (meaning they drew a tag in the last 5 years) is also considered done for lifetime.
Oh gotcha, thanks.
That monday was yesterday, it slid right into today. I havent read anything that mentions how will effect previous tag holders: buddy had a sheep 5 years ago (-his 2nd) is he now out of draws or is his next tag OIL? We can all guess but legislation i seen didnt spell situation out
Yeah it didn't seem very clear to me either when I read the proposed statute.

If they're going from 75 to 90 and will do so "proportionately" each year that should mean a 3 percent shift per year
Senate removed that provision last week... not sure if it got added back in or is this old version of bill?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back