Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wilderness Unlimited

mlbuck84

I"m considering joining up with Wilderness Unlimited to broaden my hunting range. Does anyone have any information good or bad on this club? After talking to the guy on the phone, he said they have to come out to the house and do a sit down with your family to do the application process. Which sounds kind of odd to me. But having unlimited access to private grounds would be great. Any thoughts?

Not a Member, Not a Fan. Neighbored a couple of their properties in Hat Creek and I don't know why people bothered going to it.

This is probably not the place to ask about private land hunting access for a fee. Most members here are die hard Public land DIY types. Others might be harsher than I.

Ask the Weekend warriors in CA on Jesse's.

if i did join it would be for the family wife and boys. to enjoy when im deployed. dont think im gonna join

yeah that is a tough deal. Where is your family based out of? What is their main interest? What are the kid ages?

We're living up in Grass Valley. I have a 5 year old boy and 1 on the way.. i'm trying to get some hog hunting in. I leave again soon, and they want to camp and fish for bass or anything really. He doesn't care. Fish are fish to him. Hat Creek is nice place. Some friends of mine have the trout farm off of Lost creek. Near Burney

Last edited:
If you are not aware of these guys, Nevada County Sportsmen has a great trap, and archery range. Your oldest might be ready for the youth stuff in a few years. It would be a great place to network with other hunters. They put on a great archery shoot every June.

Grass Valley is in the heart of some great public land areas and close to the Sierras. No need to pay for camping and fishing access. Tahoe NF to the East and Plumas NF to the North...

Collins lake would be close for RV camping and fishing.

As for Hog hunts, you know most of that is on private land. Unfortunately landowners will complain about hog damage out one side of their mouth and then lease to outfitters/guides who then do weekend hunts and don't put much of a dent in the population.

CA Public land hog success rates are low. most go nocturnal and travel a lot.

Nevada County Sportsmen's is a great place. There archery range is incredible.
We've done the collins lake thing a quite a few times. Unfortunately that's where al the bozo's go to hang out.
You're absolutely right about private land owners leasing out to the guides and it pisses me off. They charge outrageous amounts of money to do an unguided hog hunt. I'm thinking about sneaking down to hunter liggett to try arrowing a pig.

Back