Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

wilderness Athlete

mixedbag

Any of you guys use their stuff?Was thinking of getting some for dropping some pounds,and for starting my training for fall hunts.What other stuff do you guys use?.I knowI got to cut out all the good food,but can manage that.

wilderness athlete

Im 62 and bought supplements at the Outdoor expo in SLC I purchased MT OPS which is similar to WA I got the testosterone ,energy supplement with appetite suppressor,and the nitrogen oxide muscle replacement powder.Didnt do CRAP! I just gave up sugar ,white bread and rice ,no more bacon n eggs w/hashbrowns . Lots of salad ,chicken ,fish ,and joined a gym ! Ive lost 27 lbs and still dropping .i have a friend who has a closet full of wilderness athlete and he swears by it .So try it if you like but ithink diet and excersize is a a little cheaper .Good luck

Read about nutrition for someone aggressively exercising. Protein is important but have to have a variety of items in your diet when are learning and building muscles at an elevated rate. Anatomy and chemistry drives what your body needs. Be prepared to cook items from scratch in order to avoid sugar that is in most of the grab and at eat items. Is a lifestyle change for 99% of folks and takes some skill to put together a weekly menu that is flavorful so you stick with the plan. Is one thing to bust your rear for a few weeks but another to actually change your lifestyle.

I bought MTN OPS...doing the 90 day Conquer Challenge. So far the Ammo meal replacement gets put into a fruit smoothie with a light dinner. I can't tell if it is helping me or not since I cut out sugar, pizza, and other junk. Down 17lbs (only about 100 to go :rolleyes:) but it is likely because I keep my calories down and do as much exercise as I can. I do a bit of hiking, bike everywhere, and mix in P90X cardio & yoga.

I have used the meal replacement, green infusion as a breakfast supplement for a couple months. It seems to help with the cravings that I get between breakfast and lunch. I also like the rest&recovery after a long day afield. It seems to help a lot with leg cramps.

Read about nutrition for someone aggressively exercising. Protein is important but have to have a variety of items in your diet when are learning and building muscles at an elevated rate. Anatomy and chemistry drives what your body needs. Be prepared to cook items from scratch in order to avoid sugar that is in most of the grab and at eat items. Is a lifestyle change for 99% of folks and takes some skill to put together a weekly menu that is flavorful so you stick with the plan. Is one thing to bust your rear for a few weeks but another to actually change your lifestyle.

This X 100, supplements are for people that have already pushed it hard for a long time. Eat right and excercise, then worry about the next step.

I've been using supplements in some capacity for 10+years. The only ingredient that i see in any of the products that are in a large enough quantity to provide any benefit are the vitamins, mostly vitamin C and b12. The amino acids are such a small quantity that they couldn't provide any real benefit. We are looking at quantities measured in Mcg's in these supplements, a couple are measured in Mg's. Most supplements are measuring aminos in GRAMS. A gram is 1 million Mcg's.

I'm not familiar with many of the herbs that are listed in the ingredients. But for most herbs, for every study indicating a certain effect, there is an equal study stating the opposite.

IMHO there are a lot better products out there for way way less cash.

If you are looking to lose some weight, cut calories. It really is that simple. Obviously making your calories count by eating healthy makes the process work that much better.

Last edited:
I'll use the WA Hydrate & Recover sometimes after I do something gruelling...because if anything it adds flavor which is easier to drink then just plain water...it gets me to drink it and hydrate myself. As for the MTNOPS, I use the Blaze...that's about it, after trying some of the other stuff.

Like others have said...exercise and just cutting back on things is the way to go, and save yourself some money...don't let the gimmicks get you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back