Wife's new Gun

buckykm1

My Wife is Taking her concealed carry class this weekend.
so I took her shopping for CC Gun.
she has trouble working the action on some semi auto's,
so she checked out a bunch of different Gun. to find one she could work comfortably.
I ended up buying her a Sig Sauer P238 in 380 with a Laser sight.
it is a sweet little Gun.

Kevin

That's awesome! I love to hear about women carrying. My wife carries her XDs .45 about everywhere she goes...even to church!:eek:
Nothing like seeing her teach adult Sunday school class knowing she's using her Flashbang holster! Ok, now I feel ashamed!:eek:

I know you said that she'll take her class this weekend. Curious, how long does it normally take to actually get the permit in your area? Here, close to Charlotte took me and my wife 4 months! That was a long wait, but the reason was due to so many applying, which is a good thing.

not long

That's awesome! I love to hear about women carrying. My wife carries her XDs .45 about everywhere she goes...even to church!:eek:
Nothing like seeing her teach adult Sunday school class knowing she's using her Flashbang holster! Ok, now I feel ashamed!:eek:

I know you said that she'll take her class this weekend. Curious, how long does it normally take to actually get the permit in your area? Here, close to Charlotte took me and my wife 4 months! That was a long wait, but the reason was due to so many applying, which is a good thing.

Once she passes the class, she needs to get a passport photo done for the license, then go to the County Clerks office file out a paper, then to the Sheriff office to get finger printed.
the county board only meets once a month, so if she gets everything in to them before the May meeting, she will have it about a week after there meeting.

if I remember right ?, it took 2 or 3 weeks to get mine.

Kevin

My Wife took and passed her CC class yesterday, she is a happy Girl.
One of the other Ladies in class wasn't as lucky, she was still trying to qualify, When my Wife was all done. she was having trouble with the shooting part.

Kevin

That great, for your wife anyway. Maybe the other lady will spend some time at the range, which is more important for if she'll even need to use it that to pass a test.

Knowing my wife is carrying makes me feel much better, especially when she's traveling. Of course I have to check different states to see which honors our states permits and such. Funny part is, the states where she feels a stronger need to carry, she can't. Example: California a few weeks ago, DC today, NYC Wednesday.

Anyway, that is great for your wife. Let her sling all the ammo she cares to shoot. Nothing beats confidence!

I am glad that she wanted to learn to shoot and get a CCL, specially at her age 54, she had never even shot a gun till a little over a year ago.
It sure makes me feel better knowing she can protect herself.
we are lucky, with where we live, I have a Pistol Range & a Rifle Range set up right in our yard, up to 200 yards with a Rifle.
and she enjoys practicing now that she has learned to shoot.

Kevin

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back