Wife's Bighorn home from the taxidermist

Rackmastr

Hey Guys,

Went out and picked up Kim's Alberta ram from last November. I ended up watching Dave do all the work on this ram from start to finish and helped out with the alteration to make the neck turn a bit more than the standard form. I think it turned out great with the slight turn and I learned a lot.

The mount is simply awesome. Dave does some amazing work and I'm happy to be learning from such a talented taxidermist. This ram has such LONG hair and just looks like a true November ram.

He has a weird hair defect from an injury or disease right on his nose that makes his nose look like it has a bit of a bump on it. We left it as is as its just what he looked like in the field as well.

Looking head-on

P9090868.jpg

P9090869.jpg

P9090873.jpg

Great looking cape on him, just a really good looking mount all the way around.

Thanks for the comments guys. I keep staring at this ram when down at my computer in the basement. He's easily the proudest addition to the trophy room and I look forward to putting my own ram next to him....just gotta knock one over!! LOL

I'm planning on building a rock base for Kim's ram with some coal from the Cadomin coalmine as a symbol of the hunt. Should be original...just need to look for a cool way to do it without making it look goofy...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back