Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wife got her first bull!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you even post pictures with an atv in the background? Just not a smart thing to do...in particular when there is not even a remote 2-track present in any of the photos. I'm not sure how the official rules read, but judging by the pictures...it doesnt look too good.

Seriously, and be honest, what would YOU think if you saw those same pictures? I'd find it very difficult to believe that you wouldnt question if the ATV's were off a road, in particular when there is not a road anywhere in any photo.

Its too bad about your Dad, but just because he may have a handicap sticker to shoot from a vehicle...NOBODY has a permit to drive off-road in a restricted area.

You dont think a 2wd atv is capable of driving all over that area in the Red Desert? I'm no atver, but even I know better than that.

I'm also not sure how questioning those photos (that even you admit dont show a road) is degrading to you or your family? It seems to me that there are at least a few people on this board that are well aware of the existing and continuing problems with atv's and in particular the way they are abused in hunting.

Perhaps you think it would better for everyone to just look the other way and let people drive atv's anywhere they choose? That way nobody that owns and drives an atv would ever be offended.

Man, I have always wanted to go for a white-knuckled ride in a sand rail...watching those catch air at Sand Mountain, NV looks like a kick in the pants! Too bad they're so damn expensive to own.

to me it sure doesnt look like you were on a road. like buzz said sucks about your dad having that sticker but even if he did it didnt stop the other 2 wheelers in the group so he really didnt need it in the first place. for the rest of your storys......2wd or 4wd if the wheeler is not on the road its wrong. hike 20 miles if you like but if you drove off the road at the start or end of it it doesnt justify taking it off the road. you say what you want but the pictures you have dont show a road sorry.

Sako7mm,
I don't have a problem with you riding your atv's in approved areas like Big Sand Mountain and the Little Sahara in UT (btw is a cool place to see native american artifacts etc). But I do have a problem with you riding in areas where you are not suppose to.

The country you hunted in is already full of roads. There are 10x the amount of roads than should really be out there. But that cannot change. If they were to close those roads people like you would break the restrictions and drive around them. By you driving further off a road all you are doing is making a new road. That is how all those roads got there in the first place. But I know you can't see that.

I also have a problem with you having to keep telling us all the time you "donated" to help clean up this or that. It seems like you want redemption for the time you donated. Doesn't really sound like a donation to me then. And you want your redemption to be able to ride illegally off the road? I don't think so. I think some of the best deeds someone does in life never have to be stated. But obviously you want us to know how nice of a guy you are.

For the record he wasn't in the red desert. There isn't a chunk of land in the red desert that size without an oil well on it. Don't you know that buzz ;) ;). But he was in an area with "red" in the name. Do you want to share it Sako? Or maybe you want to tell the name of that big mountain behind you in the pics with pine trees on it? :D Or maybe you would like to list the highway that you are looking towards in the picture? Or maybe even a little further south the main road that goes out there to the questar gas pipeline substation? Whats it called again? ____ basin isn't it?

I also have a problem with you using radios during your hunt. You are now sitting there wondering how I know you were. Look closer and the answer will be there. I'm not sure if its illegal or not to use radios in WY to pursue big game but it should be. But I bet your dad has a permit for that too huh? Ok sorry that last comment was mean and I don't want to insult you. I don't want you to go "Wyoming style" on me.

I will be driving through evanston on saturday. I will be sure to keep my eyes out for you and your atv buddies breaking the laws for the next two weeks. Then I'll go "wyodeerhunter style" on you guys. Which basically means gathering the correct information, confronting you and turning you in.

Good day. BTW do you work for BP? If not you should.

BTW if anyone else is wondering how I know they were using radios just look in the picture with his wife by herself. Thats not an ipod in her ear.

Oh and btw I will check to see if your dad has that handicap permit. Trust me that I will.

Boy you would think with the 3 months you tied up scouting that are you wouldn't have to use 4 wheelers or radios. Damn.

If I still lived in WY there would of been a good chance our paths would of crossed on your hunt. Things would of came out a lot different.

Your wife looks like Jodie Foster. And her movies suck. There is your insult.

Wow, we actually agree on something. She gets told alot she looks like Jodie and with the exception of Silence Of the Lambs, Jodie's movies do suck.

As for the use of radios. Dont know if it is illegal or not but When I am in one place and my wife is in another, you can dang well bet we are going to keep in touch with radios. Accidents can and do happen and thats why we use them.

Nope dont work for BP but my company is drilling all over the place. Damn them!!

My point with telling our involements is trying to show that there are sportsmen/women that are on both sides of the coin. ATV and vehicle access yes or no thats up to you to decide. You are on your side and being as closed minded as you are you wont have the ability to meet in the middle. Thats ok. No problem with that because there will be people like me to balance it out.

So you never did tell your wife over the radio what way the elk were going? Or anything related to the hunt? You were just making sure shes ok?

Ok I'll believe that when my shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

So not only did you illegally drive off the road but you also use radios during your "hike" or "drive" to get your wife or broken down dad in position to get an elk? Sounds like a great hunt.

Why didn't you put that part in your story? No plug for motorola?

You say there are sportsmen on both sides of the coin? Well I'm on the side that follows the law, so you must be on the side that breaks the law?

Silence of the lambs? Hell I bet thats what happens when you go "WYOMING STYLE".

Anyways I have to go. BTW you are a pouser. you should go post your thread on monstermuleys.com. They will love you long time over there.

Looks like you got us a new member Jose.:D

You know what the worst part of this was? Thanks to the ATV, the second elk killed could have been a "trophy" bull for somebody that hunted on foot with a backpack, or, next year, could have been a "trophy" as a bigger and more mature bull.

But....
We hunted for another week trying to get my Dad into a big boy and nothing seamed to work in our favor. Finally on the last day we had to hunt, Dad shot a smaller 5x5 for meat in the freezer for them and my brother to enjoy.

Why when meat hunting would you not shoot an older dry cow and leave the bulls alone to mature/breed? The tag was either sex and there was no need to further reduce herd quality in that area.

ATV's are the worst things for hunting and hunters. How many studies have to be made that show "quality" suffers and declines when ATV access and use increases? Here we have a great example of next year's herd bull being removed from the herd to fill a freezer.

Sako,
I am not going to turn you in. I am not going to let you have it, cause I can see my friend Wyodeerhunter has already laid into you pretty good. All this to say, with the advent of the internet, make wise decisions about which pictures you post and where. If you would have looked back at the history of this forum in particular you would have seen that there are quite a few heated discussions about ATV's and the damage they do. If you had known that information, I betcha the shots would have changed.

Personally I hate the ATV's and have reported a couple violations this year. I do my best to learn my maps, mark places on the GPS, know where I am at, at all times. Horses don't even come close to the permanent, repetitive damage that ATV's do to an area. Roads get bigger, its how it works. If I don't want someone on here to know where I killed an animal I don't post a picture showing it.

I don't agree with the radio useage but as far as the atv's go, as long as you were playing by the rules then what's the problem? If those pics pissed them off they'd be crying a river if they saw some of the pics of people hunting off wheelers here in Alaska, but it's a whole different deal up here. There was some unneccessary bullshit that came out in this thread just because a few people don't like atv's, sorry they had to ruin your thread. Congrats to you and your wife, that should make some good eating this winter.

as long as you were playing by the rules then what's the problem?

He wasn't playing by the rules. That is the problem
If those pics pissed them off they'd be crying a river if they saw some of the pics of people hunting off wheelers here in Alaska

I have seen the destruction by the atv's up here in AK. I would actually go out on a limb and say its the worst I've ever seen. There are a lot of guys up here who have no respect for the land. And its not just the atv guys. Its the snowmobilers, berry pickers etc. Down by turnagain arm up in Seattle creek there is trash all over from the snowmobiles. Gas cans, HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of cans and pop bottles, hoods, and even broken down snowmachines.

If all the utard hunters knew what you could get away with up here in AK I promise you your state would have 3x the amount of hunters in it. That is not a joke. What you can do in AK on a 4 wheeler legally is a wet dream to most UT hunters... ;)

but it's a whole different deal up here.

It's only different because a lot of Alaskans believe that because they live here in AK that makes them really special and because they are special they can drive wherever they want. The land in AK is more fragile than most places in the "lower 48" (where is the upper 48?) so it shows the scars of atv's, argos for a lot longer than a lot of the desert like climates in the "lower 48".

sorry they had to ruin your thread.

I may (or may not) of ruined his thread but he is ruining public lands.

Wyo....Get off your friggen high horse man. Were you there? Again, were you there? Were you standing there watching what we did do? Were you standing there with a radio of your own listening to what we did stay? Were you? NO you fuggin were NOT!!!!

Your full of nothing but hot air and accusations. One thing I was taught when growing up was to stay out of others business. Dont go talking about people when you dont know the facts. I admit the photos dont look to support what I say. Cant help that, dont have any other angles. Short of going back out there and taking more, I cant prove to you what I say. Then again why should I? Who are you to judge me and my family? Think your something special do ya? Think your holyier than the almighty because you supposedly walk or ride horseback while hunting and NEVER use your truck or an ATV or motorcycle?

This is what I think of you and your chronies on here. Your all a bunch of hypocrites. You sit there and complain about wells and the roads to them. Yet EVERY single one of you drive a vehicle that burns gasoline or diesel. Where does that come from??? Do you use propane in your trailers, cook stoves, or BBQ's? Guess where that comes from. Natural gas and oil. It is what it is folks, nothing more, nothing less. Dang that industry for feeding and housing and providing thousands upon thousands of families. There are things about it I dont like either but I am willing to give and take.

You sit here and complain about us riding an ATV on a dirt road. God Forbid, we rode a ATV on a dirt road that was made by full size trucks. These same roads were traveled on again and again by trucks while we were there. Whoopie, the road is already there, the damage is done and was done many of years ago. So might as well make the best of it and continue to use them because the several hundred elk we saw out there surely cant survive because of these roads. They were all figments of my vivid imagination along with 5 other members of my families imaginations. The picture of the big bull just magicaly appeared in my camera along with videos of him and several other big bulls. I dont have a video of a freak that was fighting another bull in a right-a-way of a pipline that killed all of the Elk. That by the way was taken the same evening I filmed the big bull. Sun. Sept. 28th!

No, the game warden that checked us didnt tell us the area is over populated by almost a thousand elk. He didnt ask my Dad to please not gome empty because they need the harvest and if at all possible get a bull. Nope didn't happen did it? because you would know your were there. Guess what, that did happen and that is what was said.
He just whipped out fines left and right because we were being so illegal in our doings. It's public record, go ahead and try to find all of those citations. Your going to be along time looking because they dont exist.

You walked for your trophy shed. Good for you! You think your something special now? You want a major award for walking somewhere? Someone give the man a cookie because by gosh he earned it walking from his truck to where he picked up his shed. What a model citezen you are. I hope my kids grow up to be just like you. Blaiming everyone for doing things they didnt do. Actually wait... if my son, for instance, did what you have done on here, I hope he gets his ass kicked to learn a lesson.

Now you jump all over AkBearHunter for seeing a side thats different from yours. Wow what a stud you are. I bet you were sitting there at your computer writing that and beeting your chest like King Kong. (I am sure you were beating something, but it probably wasnt your chest) Yet again thinking you know all about everything. I am so impressed with your incredible knowledge of where ATV's have done all this damage. Like Evanston for instance. I live there you stupid shit! Why dont you come there and show me where everyone is out riding their ATV's and ruining all the land. I would like to know because there is not a good place to go ride in Evanston and if there is, I want to go there. I usually travel hundreds of miles to enjoy my hobby. There is nowhere that supports what you say around Evanston at all. So should I believe what you say about Ak either? NOPE sorry I dont.

You hate sledders it sounds like. Boy I hope you never look in my garages because your going to freaking die when you see the number of sledds in there. I ride sledds more than I do ATV's or in my rail. NEVER have I seen anything that supports what you say about sledders and the garbage they supposedly leave all over. Broken parts, ya I can see that and have seen that. When someon takes a good digger, parts go flying. You try to every piece thats burried in the snow. It cant be done. Sorry, thats just the way it is. But wait, have I ever seen a piece of windshield kill off a herd of deer or elk? NOPE. So when you see all this garbage and debris, are you the outstanding citezen you claim to be and pick it up and haul it out? I sure hope so because guess what, I do. All my demonic sledding friends and ATV enthusiast friends do. OH wait, yet again I have to be lieing about that because your always there watching every move that every off-raoder makes and does because you are bigger than the big man. They wouldnt actually be responsible now would they?

Thats enough said. Picasso (thats a famous painter for those of you with no culture because you cant watch TV or read a book at night because you have no power because you had it shut off because of the rivers had a damn built in them to make power) has painted the portrait of you. Look in the mirror buddy, fuggin hypocrite!

I find it "amazing" that Wyoming/Jose/Buzz make excuses for illegal immigrants.|oo...but rip a guy a new asshole when they kill something with an ATV in the pic.:eek:....Nice Bulls congrats to your wife.hump.....Sako don't worry Wyoming took shots a my wife also... I think he might be a homo:D:D

For the record I don't like those Quads either if used illegaly or improperly.

But I also enjoyed the pics and the story....despite all of the pre-judging:p

I have been watching this thread as I guess I am supposed to moderate this elk section:rolleyes:. I hate ATV abuse big time but..
I am not a judge but feel that any further bickering on the ATV use should be posted separate in the SI forum.
Everyone loves to heckle, and joke and make fun of Miller here (I live for it) but this one is getting personal and I like to keep the actual " ELK hunting" forum politic attack free for everyone to read. Feel free to battle it out on Hunt Talk but in the SI forum.
So Wyodeerhunter, and Sako if you need to post further please make a topic in the SI forum.
Possibly this whole thread should be moved there? I will let Moosie make that call it is his web site.

Like Evanston for instance. I live there you stupid shit! Why dont you come there and show me where everyone is out riding their ATV's and ruining all the land.
I do know for a fact that one of the largest landowners in the area north of Evanston along the state line was threatening to shut access to the public on/across their lands on private roads due to these things in this order:
1. cross country ATV use
2. leaving fence gates open
3. tearing up the private roads in bad conditions

Luckily, the F&G was able to work with these folks and got a bunch of mitigation in place, part of which are a couple of Hunter Management Areas and Walk-in Areas. The F&G employee related to me that he caught a ration of chit from the locals for these... So, I don't know if it's good country to ride, but that folks riding it about got it shut down for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back