Yeti GOBOX Collection

Why I can't wait to get home

EODRay

Enough posts about me. I would like to share the other side of my life and why I can't wait to get home. My family has made more sacrifices than I can count to enable me to run around the world and do what I love/hate. Just to name a few things that I have not been there for due to deployments and training: My youngest sons birth, at least 20 birthdays, 10 anniversaries, my oldest sons graduation, my wife's severe hear condition diagnosis and countless holidays.
Through it all, these 5 wonderful people have stuck by me and supported my without fail. I'm not unique in this, many other men and women have made the same sacrifices and more. I just wanted to start a thread paying tribute to my support system. They are wonderful and more than I deserve.
My oldest kids (Solomon 25 and Rayana 23) both go to college at the University of Texas at San Antonio. My youngest son (Garrett 9) has Autism (high functioning) and is a very sweet child. My wife (Valarie Age not disclosed :rolleyes:) is the strongest woman I know. She home schools Garrett, holds down the fort at home, and sends the greatest care packages. :hump:

A friend of ours took these first few pictures a few months before this deployment.
Fam.jpg
Kids.jpg
Raynval.jpg
Then while I was gone, she took these.
Garrett praying.jpeg
Garrett Hero.jpeg
Garrett to Afghanistan.jpg
Garrett loves to go fishing with dad. He always has to wear this silly fishing hat too.
G n fish.jpg
My wife is my rock. I am a better man because of this woman!
Val1.jpg

Great post! Wrap 'em up tight when you get back. Great family you have!

Dam algeries.........my o my. Praying for you Ray, and for your family - for your safe return and for you to get into those hands that are praying for you!!!!! God bless you man!

Great looking family you have there. I'll pray for your safe return to them. Thanks for your service.

That pic of your youngest with the sign is awesome

They really are what keeps us going, aren't they? Can't wait to have you home brother. I will have an OTC WT doe tag for post this year if you want to get around after/before work for a while trying to fill a couple of those :)

Good post Ray. Was I the only one looking at the first pic wondering which one was your wife and which was your daughter? Both look young! Great looking fam and I hope time goes quick till your back with them!

Last edited:
I had a hard time figuring out which one was you sans the beard...

Stay safe Ray and I hope there is a room full of beer waiting for your return.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back