Yeti GOBOX Collection

Why Hunt Talk is the BEST!

EODRay

While I'm sitting here at the wounded warrior transition unit here in Germany waiting for a ride to Andrews AFB on my way home, I have been reflecting on this latest deployment. I am not an active member of any forum other than this one. I was very surprised at the interest shown here about how things were going in this part of the world and enjoyed bringing y'all a little big of that.

What I also didn't expect was those that reached out to me through messages and care packages. I can't really convey what those tokens of appreciation and words of encouragement meant to me.

It all started with Randy sending me the first 4 seasons of OYOA which I quickly went through and then shared with several other Soldiers at my location. Then it just kept coming. I got arrows from Dustinf, sausage, snacks and stuff from O2bfishn and several other offers and encouraging personal messages from other Hunt Talkers. There was even one Hunt Talker (wished to remain anonymous so I will respect that) that sent something to Kathy Mays and her little girls (the widow of a fellow EOD tech that was killed over here). That meant a great deal to me and saw her post on Facebook about what a blessing it was to get an anonymous gift in the mail from someone she didn't even know.

I just wanted to tell everyone on this forum…….Thank You from the bottom of my heart!
I look foreword to meeting as many of you as I get a chance to in the future.
Now for the obligatory pics.

Robin Hooding the sweet arrows that Dustinf sent me.
Robin Hood.jpg
The awesome care package contents from O2bfishn,
Care Package.JPG
Going to the LZ on my last mission
to LZ.JPG
NVG pic.jpg
Flying back for the last time
Chopper.JPG
The 5th Group Team of Green Berets that I was with in the South.
5th GP.JPG
Letting the beard go in stages……..it was difficult. :mad:
Chops.jpg
One of my last meals in country
Chow.jpg

It has been our greatest benefit to get a glimpse of that part of the world through your eyes. We owe you and all your fellow service members more gratitude than can be delivered by a mail package.

Glad to see you are coming home. Best of luck in your hunts this fall. Hope to share a camp some day.

Just plain old American badassery right there.

Thanks for all you do Ray. Thanks to all the guys and gals over there. Glad your headed home. :)

Thank you Ray. Your threads are the most interesting posted on this forum. I was always a little nervous waiting for your next post, not knowing what the outcome may be. Your wife and family must be rock solid dealing with that feeling every day. Have a safe journey home and thank you again.

Great to see you coming home to see the lady and kiddos much well deserved. A buddy of mine is leaving for his 6th time or so in two weeks or so. Stay safe been interesting reading your post EOD Ray!:hump:

I was never in the military - so I can't begin to relate on a personal level. But reading your posts gives me great context to what you are driven to do and a real-life glimpse into your world. You have my up-most respect and admiration.

I hope you have a great return home.

Thanks for all the postings Ray. Glad you're headed home. Let me know when you're in my area.

Thanks for sharing your posts with us. I read each and every one. Welcome home and thank you again for your service. We all notice and appreciate it.

It has been our greatest benefit to get a glimpse of that part of the world through your eyes. We owe you and all your fellow service members more gratitude than can be delivered by a mail package.

Glad to see you are coming home. Best of luck in your hunts this fall. Hope to share a camp some day.
My sentiments exactly!

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." Henry VIII

It is a little preemptive, but welcome home, brother. Now for the important stuff; go get your hands on that beautiful wife and those great kids of yours, and don't let go for a long time.

Welcome home, Sir!! Thank you again for your service, and your posts.
God bless you and your family

Enjoyed getting to know you through this forum Ray, appreciate the glimpse into your world. I remember the mixed feelings at the end of a deployment and the anticipation of a long awaiting reunion with wife and kids. Best of luck to you and I am sure you will keep us posted on your successes as your targets change from 2 legged to 4 legged.

Your service is greatly appreciated and admired

Back