Why do California Judges..........

CJ,
Why would the location of the court matter where and how a Federal Law is interperted? Do you think Federal Laws should be decided differently based on geographical location?
I think thats the point everyone is trying to make...it shouldn't matter, but it does.

Buzz
Once again it was just an example, sorry if you couldn't comprehend that and had to take it literally. I don't know if the Judge followed the law or even the rules of the court and don't really care, that wasn't what I was trying to find out. I was just wondering why it seems that every article starts off with " California Judge Rules......". Sorry if I used some examples that offended you or Oak wasn't trying to poke at anyone.
Maybe I have to start all my posts with the above statement.

CJ,
Why would the location of the court matter where and how a Federal Law is interperted? Do you think Federal Laws should be decided differently based on geographical location?

Jose maybe you could "SPLANE" why the 9th circuit court in frisco, is considered the most liberal in America? also explain why it is the most overturned?

Jose maybe you could "SPLANE" why the 9th circuit court in frisco, is considered the most liberal in America? also explain why it is the most overturned?

CJ,
Where do you make up the statement about it being the most "overturned"? Do you think it is statistically significant?

Do you think that the 9th is cutting new ground in deciding Entertainment Law (Hollywood and such is in the 9th) and Intellectual Property Law (the Silicon Valley is in the 9th)? Would that explain the reason, if it was the most overturned?

And, btw, here is the latest information I read on it...
During the 2003-2004 term, the Supreme Court reversed 76 percent of the cases that it chose to hear from appeals of 9th Circuit decisions, compared to a 77-percent average reversal rate for all circuit courts nationally. During the 2002-2003 term, the court's reversal rate was 75 percent, compared to a 73-percent average reversal rate nationally; and during the 2001-2002 term, the 9th Circuit's 76-percent reversal rate was roughly the same as the national average of 75 percent.

Sorry CJ, I hate that I always seem to have to beyotch-slap you around when you spread your AM Radio based lies... :eek:

Gee Hoser it seems you may be a bit distorted with your numbers. According to what I read, the 9th was responsible for 1/3 of the total number of reversals by the USSC.

"Of the 80 cases the Supreme Court decided this past term through opinions, 56 cases arose from the federal appellate courts, three from the federal district courts, and 21 from the state courts. The court reversed or vacated the judgment of the lower court in 59 of these cases. Specifically, the justices overturned 40 of the 56 judgments arising from the federal appellate courts (or 71%), two of the three judgments coming from the federal district courts (or 67%), and 17 of the 21 judgments issued by state courts (or 81%).

Notably, the 9th Circuit accounted for both 30 percent of the cases (24 of 80) and 30 percent of the reversals (18 of 59) the Supreme Court decided by full written opinions this term. In addition, the 9th Circuit was responsible for more than a third (35%, or 8 of 23) of the High Court’s unanimous reversals that were issued by published opinions. Thus, on the whole, the 9th Circuit’s rulings accounted for more reversals this past term than all the state courts across the country combined and represented nearly half of the overturned judgments (45%) of the federal appellate courts."

http://www.centerforindividualfreedom.org/legal/9th_circuit.htm

Maybe their reversal rate is about the same as the other courts (76%) but they make more dumb decisions than the rest of the courts. Oh, and speaking of being slapped, .......

:cool:

Hntnhrd

Don't feel the need to apologize here even tongue in cheek, unless you have made an honest mistake, some of these guys take it as a weakness and carry on like hyenas at feeding time...

guner/sybil, you never answered the question, just put up more of your own, what’s with that...

You guys that are always accusing Bush of breaking the law seem never to look at your Democrat counterparts...

Nancy traipsing off to Syria on her own with out permission from this government is in direct breach of the law.

I'm not hearing much if any thing coming of that issue which would be far worse than any thing implied by (D’s) about Republicans, especially during war time with a country that is pushing hard to be an enemy of ours

As for the statements about judges, the reason why they are picked from certain locals is the fact they don't think like machines and as with most humans, can be swayed to submit their own point of views into their decisions

That’s why Judge Shows on TV go over so well, and "Their" brand of justice is constantly advertised

These guys are arguing an obvious point just for the sake of argument and I wouldn’t take to much stock in it :)

Hntnhrd

Don't feel the need to apologize here even tongue in cheek, unless you have made an honest mistake, some of these guys take it as a weakness and carry on like hyenas at feeding time...

These guys are arguing an obvious point just for the sake of argument and I wouldn’t take to much stock in it :)

ROLFLMAO:D :D

Didn't mean to bring this topic back to the top. But was sick for a while and then was gone turkey hunting. Bear season started today and that will take the rest of the free time I have lately. But I needed to let you know that that apology was 100 % tongue in cheek. I am a big boy and can take the really stupid comments with a grain of salt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back