Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Whos ready to chase Bears?

mconway951

Even though its been a easy winter here in MN im still going stir crazy in this house and am itching to go hunting. Whos going after a yogi this year and where are you heading. Post up some pics if you have em maybe they will scratch the itch until may gets here.

Im gonna head to ID i think this spring and probably hike into the selway. I have never been in there so if anyone has any tips id def appreciate it.

This is my one and only bear i got in MN in fall of 2010.

Attachments

• bear.jpg
    bear.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 756
I never put in for a tag, as my job has me out of the state a lot. Can't take enough time off to do all the other hunting I want to do.

And oh yeah, we have a baby due in July! With my traveling, baby work, etc. I'll be lucky to bag another squirrel in the next couple of years!

Emrah

I never put in for a tag, as my job has me out of the state a lot. Can't take enough time off to do all the other hunting I want to do.

And oh yeah, we have a baby due in July! With my traveling, baby work, etc. I'll be lucky to bag another squirrel in the next couple of years!

Emrah

LOL i thought the same thing when mine were born but it isnt as bad as you think you still get time to yourself you almost need it more now then you did before they came along. Good luck with the lil one.

I'm gettin' there! Here's some pics I can share. They've gotten bigger every year so can't complain :) . All in Wyoming, all spot and stalk (or spot and shoot rather ;) )

Spring 2009 (6 miles from camp on a day hunt. First bear and was back at camp by lunch time....5th bear I saw that spring)
SNC00042.jpg

SNC00039.jpg

SNC00036.jpg

^^^Him in the tree. Yes that's where he died and never fell out. After the first shot he scooted up the tree so I followed up with two more shots even though one probably would've done it, and when he died he just stayed up there. Had to climb the tree and shake him out of that rat's nest....Thank god the branch didn't break....there's an on your own adventure for you LOL.

SNC00033.jpg

^^^wolf track right outside my camper door that morning

Spring 2010 (only bear I saw that spring)
bear2010.jpg

bear2010onback.jpg

Fall of 2011 (only bear I saw that fall, didn't hunt them in the spring because of all the snow pack....couldn't get into my spots)
IMG_0448.jpg

I want to, and need a rug for my collection. Need to do my job with more research, understanding bear and habits and then some scouting. I would love to hunt them in the spring - do not like how CO has the season set in fall, when my focus is on deer and elk.

So i was looking at the regs for ID and the Selway is a 2 bear zone now i am guessing that that is a year correct? Like i cant shoot two there in the spring and take another on my fall elk hunt right?

mconway, It depends on the state although I THINK they're all the same. I know when I buy my Wyoming bear license in the spring it is NOT a "Spring Bear License" it is a "Yearly Bear License". If i don't kill one in the springs, like this year, I hold onto the tag and it's good when the season opens back up in the fall.

I would think it would be the same for a 2 bear zone....2 bear limit per year.

So i was looking at the regs for ID and the Selway is a 2 bear zone now i am guessing that that is a year correct? Like i cant shoot two there in the spring and take another on my fall elk hunt right?
Idaho tags are by calendar year so no that would be 3.

There are no original thoughts. Just yesterday, I was feeling out a week away in May/June with the wife. I'm heading to Idaho for mule deer in the fall, and figured I could put feet on the ground for scouting while spring bear hunting.

Oh I'm ready. Getting the new bow sighted in and ready. Already heard there's a few bears out and about in some lower elevations.

I cant wait. It looks like I will actually be able to hunt some of my favorite spots this year with the average amount of snow we have.

mconway951-- If I was you I would wait until at least late may to head into the selway. Even though it is an average snow year it can be pretty tough getting around in there any earlier.

Season starts tomorrow but I have to work. Getting after them next weekend when the sun is supposed to come out.

My 2011 spring bear made the ODFW spring bear Hunting Forcast and their facebook as well. I have no facebook account or I would point out to the ignorant woman that the orphaned cubs were probably from road kills. :mad: They sure didn't come from my 400 pound boar!

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/spring_bear_forcast/index.asp

My season will open on the 15th, I won't be able to get into where I usually hunt till mid May, the good news is we didn't get too much snow and I think I get into my favorite site's this year. Good luck to everyone!

Never gotten serious about bears, but I'm gonna walk around with a rifle in a couple weeks. Should be fun

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back