Who's in Charge of the '07 Hog hunt ?

AZ402 said:
Better make it somewhere near a hospital..

I usually overlook impetuous jawjacking from sneakem wannabes but you seem to smart for random ill-advised disparagement.:rolleyes: ;) :cool: :)

Careful Ken...you're gonna give Stan a headache! ;) :D

Speaking of sqeekhisgums....where is our fantasy fisherman these days?
Didn't crawl in an envelope and mail his scrawy self up to tuffstuffs for the weekend now did he? Might be taking a new necklace making class or something....hmmmm! :p

Heck no...he's somewhere catching fish we'll never catch & taking pics we'll never take. That youngun' walks the walk...gotta give him that.

Sounds Great! We can get Ken to take his Harley and Flush em towards us! Is this one of those "Stand in a circle and let's have Fun" or is this something a Mature young man could come along with his Father? Johnhump

MarvB said:
Careful Ken...you're gonna give Stan a headache! ;) :D

Speaking of sqeekhisgums....where is our fantasy fisherman these days?
Didn't crawl in an envelope and mail his scrawy self up to tuffstuffs for the weekend now did he? Might be taking a new necklace making class or something....hmmmm! :p
The only necklace's that he wears are "pearl":D

snake river rufus said:
how many are sure they are going so far?

How can you get a head count, when you don't know where your having it, when your having it, or how much its going to cost. 3 major things most people need answered before decisions can be made.

I can go scout and bring pictures to post, if its not to far from San Antonio. Jan. is deer, duck, goose and quail season here still for me. I've posted some places to consider, but the best deal that might meet Moosie's criterion is later a month or two that I know about. Most of my hog hunting is smaller places and I don't pay money like you would need to for this group trip, but I have posted on a place or two and SJ has had some too, that might be good to consider.

I would like to go as long as I don't have anything else planned that day. :) I know a place in Grapeland, TX that does rifle and bow hog hunts but its anywhere from $150-$250 per day with a 2 day minimum. The bow hunts are $150/day/self guided, $225/day/full service. The rifle hunts start at $200/day/self guided, $250/day/full service. All hunts include lodging. Full service includes meals and transportation on the ranch.

The name of the ranch is Buck n Boar Outfitters in Grapeland, Texas.

Snake,

I haven't been on here too much. Sorry. I guess I lurk a lot more than I have been participating lately. But I did post at story on here about a bobcat that I killed recently. That was about a month ago or something like that. Not too long anyway.

I think the hog hunt is a great idea! I mean I know places here where I can take one or two hunters for a successfull hog hunt in a three day period but finding a place to get a large group of hunters like what we are wanting will be a challenge. Not so much for the money side of it, but just finding a place to accomodate both rifle and bow hunters and and it be a place for everyone to find a hog.

I know Chris, the manager of BucknBoar ranch and he's a good guy. But if its not in the budget for everyone and not what you guys want, then I'll try, try try, again! LOL! I would really like to go on a hunt with some of you guys. Even if I can't I will still try to see what I can to hook you guys up!

I agree with Curtis, 15 people with possibly all guns for unlimited hogs at a good price with good chances is hard. How long do you think a place would last, letting everyone kill 5+ hogs with a gun? I mean they multiply like hogs, but geese.

I called a place that handles 16 hunters with 4 or so per cabin. They serve 5 meals, have hunts friday through sunday am, with 98% success, about 1/3 of the hogs have nice tusks and its $340 for one hog of your choice during the hunt, the lodging and the meals. They also have a lake for catch and release fishing that's included and there is a public waterfowl area 10-15 miles away open saturday. They are booked all of Jan. Feb. and March, as of now. They have an open weekend, Dec.15th as of today, July 1, saturday. Doesn't meet the criteria, its booked already anyway, for Jan.

I'm probably not doing this hunt myself anyway.

the place that I normally hunt can get by with no limit because they don't hunt hogs after daylight savings time starts. But they are limited to 8 hunters. If we get more than 8 commited I could check and see what Christopher says about setting up tents/camper if anyone wants to do that.

Do they hunt them at night? Here's what one looks like at night, except without the white dots telling you where it is.

Attachments

• hognight.jpg
    hognight.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 205
I am interested if it is in the late winter months, say feb or early march. Best to go right after the deer season closes because hogs have not been hunted much until then is my guess. I would like to see a place within 3 hours of a major airport and one that covers the weekend to limit vacation usage..

www.abjointoutfitters.com

I met with these guys at the TGR Banquet this past weekend and talked with them. I know the area that they do the hog hunts in and this area has a good amount of good hog hunting in it.

They do hunts for both bow and rifle and hunts with dogs as well if that is what you want.

This place is less than one hour drive time from San Antonio.

Thanks Curtis.. We do a lot of hog hunts with a good deal of success, but we usually don't handle 15 guys at one time. I am in the process of checking with some of the other ranches that we do exotics hunts on to see if there will be a time that you could book the entire ranch to yourself. This ranch I am thinking of is close to 4000ac and the bunk house will easily sleep 15. The hog hunting there has always been hit or miss historically, but this year the hogs have been showing up in much larger numbers and causing more damage than they ever have. While on an axis hunt a month ago I saw no less than 10 hogs, and two of them were large.. like 300lbs + large... So this might be a good place to consider. As well as the hogs when you are out hunting you will see some exotics like Axis, Fallow, Blackbuck, Corsican Rams and the other day we ran into some Bison that we didn't even know were on the place. You could add some cheep axis does and all of the game is interesting to watch and photograph. All of this hunting is on the low-fence side of the ranch which comprises about 3200ac. It would also be possible to bring the dogs over to that area if anyone was interested in running pigs with the dogs and killing them with a knife, but there would be an extra fee. The dates would have to be not during deer season which runs from the first part of Oct until the first part of Jan. Let me know if you would be interested in perusing this as an option, I estimate that the price per hunter would be around $400 for a Sat Sun hunt with unlimited hogs and full usage of the facilities. Thanks.. AB Joint Outfitters

I went to a place around Mason one year and saw 10-20 hogs a day. That hill country area is loaded with them. it was 135$ a day with a 2 hog a day limit. no lodging but a roach motel close by. I would think a guy could find a place for 150$ a day with good hogs if the connection was right. That place would be great but it is only 1500 acres and he only takes 4 guys at a time. Ranchers are looking to get rid of these things and there is no need to pay an outfitter at times. Put on the miles and you will get into hogs every day. My idea of hog hunting is sitting on a feeder in the evenings and hoofing it the rest of the day in creek bottoms and heavy cover.
Lodging can be any place with a shower and a chest freezer to get the hogs ready to take on the plane in a cooler.
heres the place i was at a few years ago. the web site says it is 5000 acres but when i was there he said only 1500 was for hog hunting.
http://www.rangercamp.com/hogp.htm

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back