Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Who likes Muskox? Updated with hunt report

Yes, definitely excited to hear about this one. Do you donate any meat to local tribes?

Well gents, I made it back to town. Expect updates as I write them up. The hide and horns are with the taxidermist and my freezer is full of fabulous muskox meat. For those wondering, the official B&C score puts him at an official net score of 105 6/8“.
B&C minimum for muskox is 105“
20200226_172453.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t know how anybody could see one of those and not want to go after it, such cool looking animals. Not to mention the places where they exist will definitely cause an adventure!

I have zero desire to "hunt" one. Cool adventure for sure.

I have zero desire to "hunt" one. Cool adventure for sure.
Alot can be said the same about antelope. 10's of thousands of hunters "hunt" them every year. Or those guys hunting elk during the rut on a private ranch. Or a November Rut hunt for Mulies. Sometimes the adventure is the hunt. No issues here.

Nice! I grew up eating musk ox but haven’t had any in years. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Hunt report posted. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know.

It's now official. My muskox exceeded the B&C All Time record minimum with a net score of 105 6/8".

View attachment 152972

congratulations, nicely done.

Several asked and this gentleman was hunting Alaska. We can and do hunt them in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, but not n The Yukon territory as the numbers are low. Maybe 200/250 at this time in The Yukon territories . Good meat, excellent hides. Brent hunted them with a bow which requires a bit of skill and patience. Hats off to him

Back