Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Who here?

My guess would be that this scumbag was in possession of a picked up dead bighorn skull. Still not legal in Montana though.
I think you may be right, the article only states that had he had a skull in his possession and never mentioned an illegal harvest, So it was probably a pick-up or no evidence that he killed the sheep was uncovered.
At least this tip led to the illegal harvest investigation.

The going rate for a Cabelas outdoor adventures Alberta sheep hunt is $28,500. Seems like the fines should be two or three times market value.

Amazing... And $10k is IF... the hunter is caught... otherwise onto the next poached hunt... Amazing.

My guess would be that this scumbag was in possession of a picked up dead bighorn skull. Still not legal in Montana though.
This was my thought as well. I'm guessing if they would have been able to prove that the ram had been killed illegally the fines would have been higher.

As far as the cost of prosecution for the courts goes, don't the district attorneys prosecute for the state? Aren't they on salary getting paid the same whether they are prosecuting cases or not?

Back