Who here is a .308 Winchester hunter?

Why do you think .308 is such a great American big-game cartridge?

I think because it shoots a bullet large enough to kill American big game animals at speeds fast enough to kill them. It's amazingly adequate to the task. People love it for the same reason they love a Toyota Corolla's ability to transport them from one place to an entirely different place. All day long I hear people raving about the car's ability to convert gasoline into kinetic energy. Not me, though. I think gasoline's for heating beans. Beans and tin.

I think because it shoots a bullet large enough to kill American big game animals at speeds fast enough to kill them. It's amazingly adequate to the task. People love it for the same reason they love a Toyota Corolla's ability to transport them from one place to an entirely different place. All day long I hear people raving about the car's ability to convert gasoline into kinetic energy. Not me, though. I think gasoline's for heating beans. Beans and tin.
Is Toyota spelled out on the front of the Corolla?

That corolla is a hell of a reliable car, my wife had one for years. I wish we would of kept it rather than trade it in for a 4runner.

Is Toyota spelled out on the front of the Corolla?

I have changed my opinion on the .308. I just looked at some brass and realized the GLOBAL SATANISTS don't have the guts to spell out WINCHESTER. Every piece I looked at had it shortened to WIN. WIN! What does that mean? Could be anything. Probably some commie international symbol. What ever happened to good old American Latin English word letters hand carved neatly into SOLID TIN BRASS? That's it. I'm just going to have to start hunting with my good old fashioned .45 automatic colt pistol.

Fifty years ago I lived in Steamboat Springs, the heart of some of Colorado's best deer and elk country. Back then I only had one centerfire rifle, a .30-06, and that was my deer, elk and antelope rifle. My wife (then) wanted to hunt with me so I got her a Ruger 77 in .308 Win. For most of my previous Army training, we had M-14s, so I was very familiar with the .308/7.62 cartridge. To my thinking, the .308 was just a junior .30-06 that shot just about as hard as a .30-06 but kicked less.

With the end of that marriage my use of a .308 also ended until 2007 when I borowed a .308 with FMJ bullets from my South African PH so I could shoot a Cape Grysbok without the bullet tearing a huge hole in his cape. I then remembered how fun a .308 was to shoot, so when I got back home I bought myself a .308.

I mainly bought that .308 to shoot steel at our range, and about 5 years ago I "upgraded" to a Weatherby Vanguard also in .308 Win. I currently have a Lepold VX 3i 6-18x40 CDS scope on it, and I enjoy hearing it ring the steel gongs out to 430 yards on my weekly trips to the range.

As for hunting with my .308, so far i've only used it on one hunt, a triip to Kodiak Island for Sitka Blacktail deer. I still think the .308 is a great deer and antelope round and for elk it would probably be the number 3 rifle in my safe behind my .300 Weatherby and 7mm Rem Mag.

I hunt with one because my rifle is light and with the short cartridges I’m able to save weight. Every single ounce counts when you’re trying to be the ultimate mtn hunter

I did hunt with one a while back but then discovered the other short action 30 cal, it too is a Winchester product

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back