The Ball and Testosterone remover (The man bun gun)

old270hunter

Why. Why on earth would anyone want a projectile, from a gun to hunt lower 48 game, to become smaller and possibly less than perfect shot placement cartridge? We have the 30’06 and .308 parent case cartriges, and they + derivatives over .277 caliber deliver devastating results when placed in close proximity to vital organs. So why would any reasonable person go below a .277? That .277 is already on the edge of an expert shooting at the largest North American game. Why exactly do we have people out here throwing even smaller pills, such as the 6.5 MANBUN. This is like 264Win all over again but less. You manbun 6.5 guys are hilarious. So what I want to know is why we have steers out there. Asking for a friend, and tell me why my friend is wrong. 😁

Last edited:
I’m not a 6.5 guy but if I was going to draw a line in the sand I think it’s splitting hairs between .277 and .264 bullets…

I don’t think it’s any argument that smaller cartridges demand better shot placement and limit shots that can be taken (i.e. strong quartering towards or away) but that’s something we should hold ourselves to anyway. In that same breadth, those smaller cartridges are also easier to shoot and get in the correct place. I’m not particularly recoil sensitive but I can shoot my 243 or 7-08 better than the 300 wsm I don’t have anymore

My 264 win mag has been rough on the mule deer and antelope I’ve shot with it. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it on just about anything. I’d have similar thoughts on most other 6.5’s. Critters are made out of flesh, bone and blood; not steel

I'm old school, so I married a woman who never had any balls, so I don't know what hormones have to do with shooting animals.

I lost count of how many animals my wife has killed with her .260, and only one went very far, all one-shot kills. Partitions and then Barnes, now Hammers.

Last edited:
Hornady is coming out with an 80 grain eldx. Pretty excited about that one
I could kill an elk with a .22 centerfire if I felt like it. Don't see any reason to. When I head into the hills to kill a bull I like to have a rifle that will perform with any shot I am presented. Don't like frangible bullets either. Everybody has their way of doing it. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back