PEAX Equipment

Who glass beds their rifles?

I finally gave it a try on my first longrange gun about two years ago now. It turned out nice. The stock was already pillar bed so I had head start. The groups tightened a half moa between bedding the stock and bedding optic rail to action. I used Devcon Stainless Steel epoxy, green turtle wax brush dabbed, and frog tape plus clay. Acetone an lots of qtips plus plastic scrapper to dress edges the half way cure point cleaning. Dremel tool is almost a must.

I posted my question an some results pics on LongRangeOnly.com. I feel I learned a ton from Broz an the bunch about equipment setup an reloading.
20180225_102602-756x1008.jpg20180227_175632-1008x756.jpg

Any recommendations on good resources on learning glass and pillar bedding?

Any recommendations on good resources on learning glass and pillar bedding?

Easy cheesy.

I bed all my wooden stock rifles and about half of my fiberglass / carbon stocks. The first one is scary and then easier after that. Release agent is your friend.

Everyone makes this sound easy. I’m sure it seems that way after doing one. Guess I’ll just have to jump in and give it a shot. Am I correct that you spray release agent on anything that you don’t want the epoxy to stick too including the rear of the lug?
Midway USA has a good youtube video on it. That's how I bedded mine. Also cavedweller has a good video as well, he has a good example of release agent on his. If I can do it anybody can.

I mainly only shoot 700s. Just bedding the lug has often been enough to provide quite good accuracy. They all sit in McMillans though and that may help some too.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back