PEAX Equipment

Who else uses a tag as a purchase excuse?

Griggs

I drew for elk again this year after years of waiting, so I used it as an excuse to my wife to justify purchases I wanted anyway. I assume a lot of people do this. I used my follow on deer tag as another excuse, but I used the elk to justify to my wife finishing this rifle in 300WM. I was not pleased with the pattern they put on the stock, but I’ve accepted it.

F895F8C4-F3B6-4EB4-8BE6-A7BEB51910E3.jpeg

What have you justified when drawn?

i'm trying to use this 4th of july incident as an excuse to get a heavy steel black front bumper

wifes not going for it. shes pushing for a heavy brush guard tho...

push comes to shove and with my deductible it would take at least 3 more hits before it pays off to get either, really

and of all places it had to happen in wyoming... i shouldn't have even called the game warden and just taken the carcass - why did i think they legalized that last year?

IMG-5978.JPG

so yeah, drew a muley tag this year and will go elk hunting.

probably use those as en excuse to get a can of copenhagen

I drew for elk again this year after years of waiting, so I used it as an excuse to my wife to justify purchases I wanted anyway. I assume a lot of people do this. I used my follow on deer tag as another excuse, but I used the elk to justify to my wife finishing this rifle in 300WM. I was not pleased with the pattern they put on the stock, but I’ve accepted it.

View attachment 146643

Is that an elk rifle? mtmuley

Updating the wardrobe this year. To think the first coat I bought was a $39.99 quilted camo jacket two sizes too big from an army surplus store.

Is that an elk rifle? mtmuley

it is to me. Because it’s capable of it and I can use it for other things I enjoy as well.

ETA: and my wife doesn’t know any different.....

Last edited:
I was able to buy a used Forbes 24B in 280 Rem on the premise that i'm trying to be able to go out west for an OTC.

View attachment 146643

Someone is coming home from an elk hunt to find new furniture in the living room...

Well the list is fairly long......Had to buy a new (used) rifle when the previous one had a malfunction a week prior to my first PH hunt. Have a "hunting" truck (Doug) as I can't stomach a new truck payment for something I take to hairy spots EVERY year. Got the MR pack and trekking poles to help my aging bones to still be able to haul critters from the roadless wonder. Good coolers. LOTS of knives. A winch....man, this is pretty incriminating..........

That's why I have too many guns. I convince myself I need critter specific guns. Then I started to convince myself I need tweener guns. I have a couple elk guns. I have a couple deer guns. But this year I have a deer and elk tag for the same time. So I tell myself, elk gun to big for deer if I see a deer, deer gun too small for elk if I see and elk, so lets get something that will do both.

Back