Caribou Gear Tarp

Who deserves a tag?

Or we can agree on what legal precedent has already established that individual states have the right to determine how much opportunity they want to allocate to nonresident hunters. That’s established law affirmed by the Supreme Court. Any other argument of “it should be this or it should be that” is just opinion.
I'm not arguing that. It's still a topic left to the trust of the state which is voted upon by the populous that resides of that state. No one is arguing that. The fact it can be voted upon to be changed is what challenges the status quo with debate and reason.
Let's take Wyoming for example. They want a 90/10 split, they have all the power to do so and that's not debatable. But everything has cause and effect. Wyoming generated over 3 times the ammount of revenue from nonresidents than residents in either 2021 or 2022. Yet they recieve very little in return for their support. The underlying problem that will become of all this is will eventually become a lack of funding. If that's their prerogative, that's their right. But it's not going to be sustainable for a state like Wyoming to function like that.
90/10 is not fair, I don't care what state it is, even my own. If residents think it's fair then lets see how they'd react if they had to start paying nonresident prices.
Again it's their right. But that doesn't mean I can't say it's greed either.

I'm not arguing that. It's still a topic left to the trust of the state which is voted upon by the populous that resides of that state. No one is arguing that. The fact it can be voted upon to be changed is what challenges the status quo with debate and reason.
Let's take Wyoming for example. They want a 90/10 split, they have all the power to do so and that's not debatable. But everything has cause and effect. Wyoming generated over 3 times the ammount of revenue from nonresidents than residents in either 2021 or 2022. Yet they recieve very little in return for their support. The underlying problem that will become of all this is will eventually become a lack of funding. If that's their prerogative, that's their right. But it's not going to be sustainable for a state like Wyoming to function like that.
90/10 is not fair, I don't care what state it is, even my own. If residents think it's fair then lets see how they'd react if they had to start paying nonresident prices.
Again it's their right. But that doesn't mean I can't say it's greed either.
This is one of the hot button topics around here. Have fun. mtmuley

Let's take Wyoming for example. They want a 90/10 split, they have all the power to do so and that's not debatable. But everything has cause and effect. Wyoming generated over 3 times the ammount of revenue from nonresidents than residents in either 2021 or 2022. Yet they recieve very little in return for their support.
Make sure you're not applying in Wyoming. If you're still sending Wyoming money, then they know they can keep giving you less and keep raising prices. You vote with your dollar, not your words.

I'm amazed at the horrible deals I see NRs apply for. WY moose/sheep. MT point collection (all species) - unless one is also hunting the combo tag regularly. But NRs keep doing it so states will keep pressing their luck.

Make sure you're not applying in Wyoming. If you're still sending Wyoming money, then they know they can keep giving you less and keep raising prices. You vote with your dollar, not your words.

I'm amazed at the horrible deals I see NRs apply for. WY moose/sheep. MT point collection (all species) - unless one is also hunting the combo tag regularly. But NRs keep doing it so states will keep pressing their luck.
I dont have the funds to throw money at wyoming if I even wanted to. But you are 100% correct.

One things for certain. If you don’t throw your money in the pot, you 100% DON’T deserve a tag
Disabled veteran tags may throw me a hail marry😗. I got other places I'm saving points for though. Tough pill to down over 2 grand at the moment when other things need to take precedence.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back