MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Who builds custom WOOD/BLUED bolt-action hunting rifles built around Mauser controlled-feed actions?

You have been led to water by many here, you obviously don't want to drink it, just stir it. If you look, you can find the gun you are looking for. Here is one I got for less than $1,000.00 and for $200.00 more I had the bolt shroud, grip cap and buttplate color cased. Oh, and it is a 257 Roberts...

thumbnail_IMG_4993.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4997.jpg

You have been led to water by many here, you obviously don't want to drink it, just stir it. If you look, you can find the gun you are looking for. Here is one I got for less than $1,000.00 and for $200.00 more I had the bolt shroud, grip cap and buttplate color cased. Oh, and it is a 257 Roberts...

View attachment 207303View attachment 207304
Pretty gun, is the bolt palm-able?

Another option is to find the rifle you want, and have some work done to make it what you want. This is a stick Ruger mark Ii in 30-06. I sent it to Roger Renner in Sparks, NV & he turned it into a prewar Oberndorf Mauser Sporter. About $2000 all in, including the scope.
IMG_20190407_194826.jpgIMG_20191030_124408.jpg

Fine I’ll say it, you boomers are a bunch of nostalgic fudeyduddies.

Tikka action > Mauser

Those old things are janky pieces of crap.

Wood super silly and dumb.

Blued what kinda idiot…

In summation a Tikka veil is but every measure a much better rifle than a pre-64 model 70, husky-whatever. Anyone paying for the latter is not paying for performance rather, trying to reconnect with their youth… ain’t happening btw.

Ps. @Ben Lamb and @BrentD still looking for a good side by side… there is something about the Parker I really like, definitely want a 16. 🤔 I kinda like the beat up ones if I’m being honest. Kinda like the idea of taking out a gun that’s been hunted.

Pss found a local shop that has boxes and boxes of the cardboard shells in 16… thinking I will go buy them all out preemptively.

Tikka action > Mauser

Blued what kinda idiot…

In summation a Tikka veil is but every measure a much better rifle than a pre-64 model 70, husky-whatever. Anyone paying for the latter is not paying for performance rather, trying to reconnect with their youth… ain’t happening btw.

Ps. @Ben Lamb and @BrentD still looking for a good side by side… there is something about the Parker I really like, definitely want a 16. 🤔 I kinda like the beat up ones if I’m being honest. Kinda like the idea of taking out a gun that’s been hunted.

Pss found a local shop that has boxes and boxes of the cardboard shells in 16… thinking I will go buy them all out preemptively.

Many Parkers 16s will be chambered for 2 1/2" or 2 9/16" cases. So, you may or may not want those shells. That said, many shoot 2.75" though them anyway with no ill effects.

I used to love the idea of a Parker before I could afford one. But now, they don't do it - I don't know why. I don't like bell bottoms anymore either. But there was a time...

Puglisi's Gun Emporium has a pile of Parkers for sale. I don't know that I'd buy one from them as their prices can be a bit high, but a good place to see what's out there. They google easy.

Now back to my fuddyduddy ways. :)

Last edited:
Shrapnel, lots of times the rifles you show don't seem all that practical for carrying to me. Yeah, I know nobody really cares. This on the other hand is freaking perfection, in my EVER so humble opinion.

Many Parkers 16s will be chambered for 2 1/2" or 2 9/16" cases. So, you may or may want those shell. That said, many shoot 2.75" though them anyway with no ill effects.

I used to love the idea of a Parker before I could afford one. But now, they don't do it - I don't know why. I don't like bell bottoms anymore either. But there was a time...

Puglisi's Gun Emporium has a pile of Parkers for sale. I don't know that I'd buy one from them as their prices can be a bit high, but a good place to see what's out there. They google easy.

Now back to my fuddyduddy ways. :)

There are a bunch of cool shop around here I’m kinda enjoying “the hunt” for one.

Tikka action > Mauser

Blued what kinda idiot…

Lotta love, but Millennials…we gotsta have some taste beyond avocado toast. ;)

I pop an empty mag out of my stock Tikka …ouch the plasticity of the thing. By that token, AR15>WR
BE9543F8-F213-496B-9792-DB8DDF64C4B8.jpeg

Back