Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Whitetail with Muzzleloader

singleshot1

Not much of a story to this one.

Last day of muzzleloader season yesterday.

Get out of truck and start walking to spot I wanted to hunt.
Accidently jumped this deer.
He runs.
I grunt.
He stops.
I shoot..
Take a few quick pictures. (Removed required orange clothing for pictures)

ML 1 800x600.jpg ML 2 800x600.jpg

I call two awesome buddies in to help drag it out.

ML 3 800x600.jpg

Go home and admire it for the rest of the night while consuming a few adult beverages....ok maybe more than a few judging by my ambition today

I hate you!!!!! lol I haven't seen a deer since 1st season. None. 7 days of hunting and saw nothing but squirrels. No buck for me this year. I did manage to kill 3 so far this year with bow hunting and a doe tag 1st season, but have 2 buck tags going for does now for antlerless season. Congrats on a beauty!

Last edited:
I hate you!!!!! lol I haven't seen a deer since 1st season. None. 7 days of hunting and saw nothing but squirrels. No buck for me this year. I did manage to kill 3 so far this year with bow hunting and a doe tag 1st season, but have 2 buck tags going for does now for antlerless season. Congrats on a beaty!

It's been an up and down season here for sure, I almost didn't go out yesterday being so frustrated with how the season has been going. The never give up mentality kicked in and I went, sure glad I did now!

We can't be very far apart. I'm about 10 miles south of Peru. I hunt along the Illinois River south of Hennepin.

That is an awesome deer and the hunting conditions look WAY better then the -24 degree stuff I had to hunt in here last year.

Congrats!

What a buck, congrats. I hope that one will be on the wall.

BTW, how long are those mains and do you have a side shot?

Last edited:
Little more info:
15 scoreable points
Rough green scores low 170s (gross)
Has 3 additional broken of points, the deep split brow on his left has what looks like would have been a third coming off the back the same size as the other two. Also on the left antler there is a sizeable break off of what would have been another non-typical point. And on his right antler, the G2 looks like it had a sizeable split at the top broken off. When I say sizeable, I am referring to the size of break off and am assuming their would have been several inches of antler there.

None the less still a trophy I am very happy with and will remember for a long time.

Thanks for the kind comments!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back