Caribou Gear Tarp

Which Is The Best Tasting Critter?

I like yellowfin and Wahoo and don't really care for blue fin. Have you had Yellow Fin?
Yellowfin, Albacore(fresh of the hook in a nice ceviche), Big Eye, Yellowtail, WSB, Calico Bass, Barracuda and a few others I can't remember that I've caught back when I lived in San Diego, still prefer Bluefin. Never caught Wahoo, but I've had it.

If you were filling your freezer and had an Elk and a Moose standing side by side, which would you shoot from a meat QUALITY standpoint?

If you were filling your freezer and had an Elk and a Moose standing side by side, which would you shoot from a meat QUALITY standpoint?
Depends on the age of the critter. But say they were both yearlings, I would go with elk, depending on my experience.

Fresh Abalone just taken from the ocean bottom cold water kelp beds off San Miguel Island, the most northern of the Channel Islands is a delicacy hard to beat. Gerenuk tenderloin from East Africa hunting grounds a rare treat and worth the trophy fee By itself. Here in North America must confess i look forward each year to elk blackstrap. The oddest fare was Spotted Hyena blackstrap prepared by bushmen over a campfire And monkey prepared by Pygmy in jungles of Cameroon. Both so strange my imagination would not let me enjoy them. Kindest Regards

The first moose I killed was the best wold meat I have ever enjoyed. The second one was tougher to get out clean and suffered a bit because of that. But I keep coming back to that first moose. It was really good.

Whatever is on the plate in front of me 😀!

Many moons ago a buddy and me stumbled into a "Wild Game Dinner" at the "Original Noack Bar & Grill" in Noack, TX. (pop. 3)
For a nominal donation (can't sell wild game) at the door, we sampled critters, beasts and fishes from all over.
Due to the availability of ten cent draught at the 15 foot hand carved, oak bar and the time lapse, I don't recall much of what I tasted, but I do remember that I kept drifting back to the "fried rattlesnake".
I remember it was very good, but I also remember that it was also easy to walk around chatting with a piece of "fried rattlesnake" in one hand and a beer in the other, enjoying the sights 😎, smells and sounds than sitting at a table, consuming tidbits of black bear, salmon, caribou, moose, halibut, elk, mule deer, etc, etc....

Until this past season I'd have said moose, even though I've never shot one. Now, I'd have to say oryx, it may help that I have shot one, but still the stuff is amazing.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back