Which handgun as a backup?

Depends a lot on whose hands the gun is in. mtmuley
That is true for any gun. I practice with both a .357 and .44 just about every week and my "on target hits" with either one are about the same, so in my hands I'll choose the .44.😉

Ruger LCP II. You'll carry it everywhere. Buy an extra mag and you'll have 13 rounds on you.

Luckily haven’t come across bear in the backcountry and carefully set up camp to keep them from where I sleep. But I do carry my Sig p365 just in case.

I've always been rather partial to the old 1911's. Heavy suckers, but they shoot great.

I don't often carry a handgun in the mountains, but I have a shoulder holster for my 1911 when I do.

For what you want, there are a variety of good 9mm pistols on the market. Any of them are well made, ammunition is reliable and relatively inexpensive, plus a decent defensive round. Glock, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Springfield Armory, and FN all make decent pistols. Stick to a good 124gr. HP bullet, like Federal's HST, Sig Sauer's V-Crown, or Speer's Gold-Dot. Personally I prefer the 40 S&W over the 9mm, and yes if you want a revolver a 357 Magnum will do you just fine. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back