Where to donate money for sportsman issues

Please specify which WWF you’re talking about. I believe there are a few under those initials and one is extremely anti-hunting.

When did the World Wrestling Federation turn anti-hunting? Kidding.

State level Wildlife Federations do incredible work across the US on issues of critical importance to hunters & anglers who are conservation minded.

TRCP, BHA, NWF, RMEF, WSF, MDF, TNC to name some national groups that do amazing work across the spectrum of issues.

I recently let my membership to the nra expire. I find everything they have going on that it seems to be pissing our donations away. I am a rmef member and will continue to be. Im just wondering where other sportsman are putting there donations to for good causes. I have looked into BHA but found things in there that i don't really want to be associated with.
As you're from Pennsylvania, I'd suggest RMEF, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

This is the specific link to Pennsylvania's RMEF webpage:

Fantastic national organization that continues to go out of it's way to support elk habitat and while doing such increases fantastic habitat for various other wildlife.

Here is their join website:

Wyoming Wildlife Federation.
When did the World Wrestling
Federation turn anti-hunting? Kidding.

Ha! I had forgot about that WWF! Knowing that rwc101 hailed from WY I knew what group he was talking about, I just didn’t want some people to think that the other WWF’s were a worthy cause for the outdoorsman on this site to donate to.

Wyoming Wildlife Federation (or your state's equivalent) is a good place to start. They do awesome work for our state. The Western Bear Foundation does good work in support of bear conservation and management out of Cody, Wyoming.

Depending where you live, I would also do some research into groups who focus on protecting habitat (e.g., keeping winter or calving range from being subdivided), partnering with working properties to install migration-friendly fencing, etc. Anything facilitating habitat improvement and protection.

To each their own on this final point, but you'll sometimes find that an organization doing habitat work isn't officially pro-hunting but still benefits the resource a lot. I try to support them anyway and mention my reasons while doing so. It's led to some constructive conversations and even gotten a few folks into hunting. I think that is important right now.

PR or DJ. Buy some equipment that will benefit you and your state agencies

I recently let my membership to the nra expire. I find everything they have going on that it seems to be pissing our donations away. I am a rmef member and will continue to be. Im just wondering where other sportsman are putting there donations to for good causes. I have looked into BHA but found things in there that i don't really want to be associated with.
I’m with you on the nra I’m rmef life member so can’t change much there nor do I want to I just wish all the mailings would stop. Anything reputable for land preservation gets my interest.

No one has mentioned Safari Club International yet, so I'll plug SCI for the great work they have been putting in on Sunday hunting bans in the East - particularly Pennsylvania last year. WOuld also add the Sportsman's Alliance. Both of these would be more focused on advocacy than conservation.

Last edited:
TU is legit. Not litigation focused, instead they partner with all sorts of different user groups to help habitat, etc. I cannot even count how many projects they have had their hand in. Very impressed with them - I'm a life member. Plus-- they usually have a nice fly rod set up for life memberships.

Another one not mentioned is The Wildlife Society. It is not geared towards sportsmen issues that I know of. Great opportunity to network with various conservation folks and free access to monthly peer reviewed game management journals.

RMEF is probably best nationally. B&C gets some of my money. I used to send money and people to BHA but I can't in good conscience do that anymore. The money I used to send them now goes to my state bowhunter association.

I tend to focus my donations to local groups as I have a better idea of what it is going towards. I am a member of RMEF though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back