Where to donate money for sportsman issues

Robertsj22

I recently let my membership to the nra expire. I find everything they have going on that it seems to be pissing our donations away. I am a rmef member and will continue to be. Im just wondering where other sportsman are putting there donations to for good causes. I have looked into BHA but found things in there that i don't really want to be associated with.

I donate to several local/state level Wildlife Federations, land trusts, or other local conservation orgs/projects. For conservation projects done by national orgs like the Nature Conservancy or Trout Unlimited I direct the donation to the state level or project specific if possible.

All of the junk mail from RMEF annoys the hell out of me. I know they have reasons for doing it and get a high return on the investment. But I would like to opt out. They recently sent some free "coasters" which were just cheap cardboard. I donate cash outside of membership and select the "don't send me a gift" option when I do that.

In the last few months I’ve given to
WSF
MT WSF
AZ Desert Bighorn Sheep Society
Goat Alliance
and most recently, The Montana Wildlife Federation. They have been very active fighting all the BS bills in Helena.

Lotta good ones above. In the last couple years I have given to MWF, TRCP, and BHA.

I'll also put a plug in for the RMEF and the Nature Conservancy. Though those groups aren't perfect, due to the trajectory of human population and development, I often wonder if nothing is more important right now than conservation measured in acres. There are certainly policy, political, cultural and animal population trajectories and trends that are concerning and those things need advocates and opponents, but those seem more "undoable" than the development and loss of habitat in the form of a parcel. No injury to the world of wildlife seems more permanent than a subdivision.

I’m interested in everyone’s suggestions too. The company I work for matches my donations every year which is a pretty neat perk. The catch is that it’s based in San Francisco, pretty liberal, and I’m not sure on their POV on hunting. Id rather not draw any attention in the company from my donation if possible. Just want to keep a low profile for now

Nationally, I’m a fan of BHA, TRCP, TU, and RMEF.

Any one have an opinion on Sportsmen’s Alliance? I’ve heard they are pretty involved in countering anti-hunting policy and legislative efforts; most recently the attempt to ban bear hunting in CA.

I’m interested in everyone’s suggestions too. The company I work for matches my donations every year which is a pretty neat perk. The catch is that it’s based in San Francisco, pretty liberal, and I’m not sure on their POV on hunting. Id rather not draw any attention in the company from my donation if possible. Just want to keep a low profile for now
That's a pretty good perk, interesting.

Are you going to get fired or passed for a promotion because you hunt? Sounds like a discrimination law suit waiting to happen. I’d use that perk and get as many dollars to the organizations you care about as possible.

Boone & Crockett Club is the first Sportsman's conservation group and they do a lot more than just keep a record of trophies. It was formed by Teddy Roosevelt and other conservationists way back when.

Montana Sportsman for Fish & Wildlife is a good group which I am a member of. We support hunting, fishing, and trapping in Montana and really support getting kids and other folks involved in these outdoor activities.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back