Yeti GOBOX Collection

When It's COLD!...

Congrats Troy! That coyote hanging on the post looks flawless, good call on tanning & keeping that one. Care to share the details on your rifle?

Fishing4sanity here are the details: It started life as a Remington Mountain Rifle LSS in 7mm08. I used it that way for many years and a lot of my kids killed their first buck with it. However, many of my kids are older now, and I wanted something that was a little more conducive to both coyote and deer/antelope hunting. Not to mention lower recoil. So I had it rebarreled with a Bartlein 25.5" stainless steel barrel. The stock is a McMillan Game Scout, and I replaced the trigger with a Timney. The scope is a Leupold 4.5-14x40 CDS. It shoots half inch or slightly better groups no problem with Hornady 140gr AMax Match factory ammo. I've also used some hand loads with the same bullet and there was virtually no difference in accuracy so far. I might be able to tighten the groups a little with more hand load experimenting, but why? I'm pretty happy with 1/2" or slightly better groups and it's apparently plenty good for half a minute coyote. So far I'm really happy with it, but coyotes don't seem too pleased for it for some reason. They tend to lay down and take a dirt or snow nap every time they get near it. :)
Troy%20Coyote%2012-29-15C_zps6zuuc5y2.jpg

Nice write up bud. Glad you are bonding with the Creed. Just wait til you shoot one at 600.

Back