Whats your most accurate rifle?

ruger american 6.5prc, easily .30 moa gun, better then many customs i have barreled or paid to have built,,,

many years ago i was shooting and building 8mm rem mags, layne simpson did the 7mm stw, wasnt long we were shooting them but wanted a heavier bullet, necked to 30 caliber, and shot it for many years , built maybe 25 rifles in that calber, longer neck then a 300 win mag, 200 fps faster with a 180gr bullet and we had like 2 thousand 8mag brass. probably my fav long action magnum caliber,,, no better or worse then handful of other cartridges,,,,i didnt like weatherby brass, at the time,, chasing freebore length ect,,,, i was getting about 800 rounds on a barrel, and installing a new one every year, i shot alot of rocks back then , carried that rifle virtually everyday for 5 years , shot it everyday at something,,,,,

Currently it’s a factory Tikka CTR in 6.5 CM. I have a Christensen ridge line that’s coming along nicely but that CTR is stupid accurate and easy to shoot. Especially for a factory setup.

I've got a bergara ridge in 708 that will go 2.75 at 400 off a sandbag with factory loads. But my true sweetheart is a 1st generation savage axis in .22-250 that I bought at wal mart my first year of college. I call her the death dealer, and she will do just that. Hogs, coyotes, deer, (redacted), (redacted), assorted vermin, and (redacted) ARE NO MATCH for my 200 dollar rifle

I'm late to this party but have a factory Kimber Classic Select in .280 AI that shoots 1/2" MOA all day long. I'm actually looking to build something new and custom though - really need a composite stock and it's the only thing I don't like about the Kimber as much as I love a good oil finish wood stock. After a mountain goat hunt and a bighorn hunt the last two years, it took more of a beating than I would want for such a pretty thing. I've narrowed my options down to a Kelbly Atlas and a Bighorn/Zermatt Origin as the custom actions I'll build from. Still trying to decide between the two but that's going to be my focus for a real committed custom build for both accuracy and the rigors of mountain hunting. Feel free to DM me for any specific advice on choosing between those two actions (definitely set on one or the other) - don't won't to derail this cool thread even though it hasn't been active for a bit.

Browning Hells Canyon in .308 Win. Would have never considered one because I have always been a Remington 700 or Kimber fan. Won it from go hunt. Kills everything that I put in the cross hairs. I just picked up an X bolt Micro for the Mrs. to use in 7mmHT.

Mine is the P-17 Eddystone still with the original ordinance barrel. Inherited it from an uncle some years ago. It's heavy with a maple stock and won't win any beauty contests, but it sure can shoot.

Custom 7SAUM built on ARC Nucleus action with an Oregon Mountain Rifles carbon barrel, Grayboe stock, Timney trigger, Sig Sauer Whiskey 5 5-25 scope. Shooting 145gr Badlands Bulldozer bullets at 3200fps.

I routinely shoot 1 hole groups. Granted, I routinely only shoot one shot groups but still, I am the greatest.
Me too. 100yds. 6X scope.

Attachments

• BAB193AF-38DD-49B3-957C-106253843707.jpeg
    BAB193AF-38DD-49B3-957C-106253843707.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back