Whats your most accurate rifle?

My most consistently accurate rifle is my 8mm Rem mag shooting 200 grain partitions. It doesn't have a brake so it must be shot with a firm grip from the bench but it still consistently prints 1/2" or less groups from 100 yards. The two groups pictured were shot on the same day from 200 and 500 yards preparing for a Utah elk hunt (I did not cherry pick them, those were the only groups shot from those distances). It is a stainless 700 action with a Rock Creek barrel in a McMillan Gamescout stock. I double lunged my bull at 450 yards on that hunt. I have also taken a 144" whitetail and three bears with it. It is definitely not for sale!20210408_212313.jpg20161105_143448-1.jpg
20161105_142246-1.jpg

Some good shooting & weapons here. Some nice fish too.
Some folks just have natural ability at some things. Some spend years at the bench.
Never show that in basic. lol It will change your world.

Oddly enough, mine is a Savage Model 11 shooting Nosler Factory 150gr boat tails. Best 5 round group was .85 at 100 yards letting the barrel cool between shots. Never would have thought that combo would be the best.

I hope to work up some loads for that .308 and my .280 Mountain Rifle once the component shortage eases.

It is refreshing to see real honesty. All the one hole groups are by everyone else. I can’t believe that I am the only unlucky guy that gets guns that shoot 1 inch groups and my trucks only get 14 miles per gallon.
You don’t own an extremely accurate rifle, therefore the only “honest” person is the one whose groups are no better than yours...makes sense.

Oh, I’d wager Shrapnel has plenty of extremely accurate rifles. And some rifles that are 1” guns.
I’d wager that if he thinks that only those who don’t post good groups are refreshingly honest, that he doesn’t have many rifles that produce good groups with regularity.

Ive had some real cheap rifles and real expensive ones and its always a surprise which will be a shooter. Some cheapo rifles with crap ammo shoot easy sub moa and some expensive rifles I had to fight to try and get a decent group.

Just curious to see whats your most accurate rifle?

Mine (as of now, still havent shot my new xbolt) is a weatherby vanguard s2 in .243 shooting federal fusion, this is a 1/4 moa gun all day with that ammo, most factory ammo is .5 - .75 and didnt even bother i. I have a cheaper Nikon scope that I am have been hesitant to replace because it does the job, but if I had nicer glass I know I would shoot this gun more. Question is should I just go vx3 or pony up the cash for the vx5
I have not been as lucky as you to get average guns with average optics to shoot sub MOA with any ammo. (Could be the shooter). Anyway I find you get what you pay for. My best setup is my .28 nosler from Gunwerks. It has a kahles 4.5 x 30 scope. I use custome loads shooting 167 grain Berger’s. It’s a real Tac driver. My favorite is my .300wm in a Weatherby vanguard with a Nikon monarch. Was my first rifle and a gift from the wife. Trigger is like pulling a nail from a 2x4. It’s been real good to me. Similar to your guns.

I have a Kimber 84L with a 2003 Leupold VX3 on it that loves Remington Core-Lokt ammo. .270 Win and it consistently shoots .75 MOA. I've tried the pricier ammo but nothing works as well as the shitty Remington green and yellow box. Not complaining.

Also have a Ruger No.1 in .270 Win that is super accurate. I did put a nice Zeiss Victory scope on it. Does not like crappy ammo. Federal premium with Noslers. About .5 MOA.

Well, I’ve only got two, a 10/22 and a .308 savage 11. At this time, the 10/22 is the more accurate of the two. It’s not a particularly fair comparison though, as I’ve only shot the 11 once, and shot 33 rounds through it in under an hour. It went from good to terrible real quick. Still, I was getting all my rounds in a 5-6” group @100yd by the end of all that. I’ll have to go back out and shoot much slower to really find out.

Well, discounting my purpose built match rifles which are in a different league than my hunting rifles...I'd say either the .243 Win my father built in 1963 while working for an Olympic rifle building gunsmith in college. It's a 1933 Argentine mauser action mated to a Douglas premium benchrest barrel which he cut down to 24" and a sporter profile to fit to a Fajen stock and Timney trigger. I'd say if I really worked, I could equal my match guns with it but it's a hunting rifle to me so MOA out to 300 is good enough right now. OR....My 1963 Win Mod 70 .270. Also very accurate.

My do it all deer and coyote rifle in 6 Creed. Benchmark barrel, MDT HNT 26 stock, Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22, Handloaded Berger 108 EOL ammo.

Attachments

• 3FE0B556-B329-489E-A819-52FC8147ABC5.jpeg
    3FE0B556-B329-489E-A819-52FC8147ABC5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • F97FD65F-EAD4-4A75-BCE7-72054EA5F5E0.jpeg
    F97FD65F-EAD4-4A75-BCE7-72054EA5F5E0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
My Cooper Jackson Hunter in .270 win is the most accurate of my rifles. It does way more at longer ranges than I will ever need it to do.

Howdy. Well it's a toss up between my Bergara model B14 in a 300 WinMag and my(personally) customized Savage 110 in a 35 Whelen. I planned on shooting two(2) confidence rounds each at 100, 200, and 300 yds this past Wed afternoon in prep for my upcoming elk hunt in CO. Both guns were hole on hole at 100 & 200 yds. The 300 WinMag(180gr) had about a .35 MOA spread or better and the 35 Whelen(225gr) spread was around.25 MOA. I had to push the paper back out to see the second hole on the Whelen at 200 yds. I was going to shoot them out to 300 yds, but thought, why waste the bullets. Save them for the hunt. I think I really favor the 35 Whelen, partly because I built it and it just drives nails, plus it just puts the thump on any animal I fire at.

Bighorn origin, trigger tech special, proof 6.5 creed CF barrel, leupold my 5 5-25 in a krg W3. I was getting 1/2 to 3/4 Moa before load development. Not exactly a hunting rig but I’m going to drop it in a mesa or ag stock soon. But I hunt with a sako a7 in 7mm rem mag that stacks a variety of ammo.

I have a couple Browning that take multiple ten shot groups to see more than .5 moa. It's not the shooter. It's the rest and target matched to the scope

Back