Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Whats your dream buck have?

What does your "dream" buck look like?

• Typical with extra width + mass

Votes: 29 22.0%
  • Typical with extra height + mass

Votes: 36 27.3%
  • Typical with droptines, or long brows (brush guards), etc.

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Non Typical with palmation, kickers, etc.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Others.... (for example: in velvet, # of points, etc.)

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters

michsteelguy

So I was thinking about this and wondered what other peoples thoughts were, in regards to what your DREAM buck may look like? Some of you guys have different ideas so I wanted to create a poll to see whats everyones thoughts were. Some guys like width, some like height, some even just dont care at all (if its brown its down). Lets see............

Personally I dream of a big typical mule deer in the 180 inch range in velvet somewhere in the high country of utah maybe

The Big Horn sheds from the 40s. Biggest antlers I ever put my hands on. No others were even close.

Antlerradar

I've only shot a couple of branch antlered bucks in my life, and I would love to get a droptine buck. I also want a buck in velvet too. Hell, I'd be happy with a forkie when it comes right down to it :D

Typical four point 200 or better. No trash no stickers no drops. Just a BIG classic four point muley. mtmuley

My dream buck is a heavy non typical 26"+ wide, 7 or more points on each side with a typical frame that is somewhat symmetrical. It might be a little specific, but it's what fills my head when I think of my perfect deer.

I'm still waiting for my first 4pt, so I won't be holding out for my dream buck.

30" mark or more.Big 4x4.5x5,3x3,2x2....
I've had many 28/26".Non-typs,eye gaurds extras,weird shapes...
Big wide symetrical would be good for me

I want mass like the first one and length like the second picture, ha I'm a whitetail nut. My goal is main beams over 28 inches.

We think alike. Takes a whole bunch of antler to break the 200 inch mark with just four points. mtmuley

I want one with as much trash, stickers, and drops as possible. The gnarlier the better. Whitetail or Muley, it doesn't matter.

Always wanted a big buck from the big woods that I tracked down like the late Larry Benoit. Consequently it would be well over 200 lbs with awesome mass. Hopefully the rack would be 20 inches plus but would look small because the body was so big.

Back