Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Whats your 2019 plans

April-May: VA and NC Turkey
Oct: NM Elk with son, b-i-l, and hunting buddy (apps in)
Nov: Whitetails in VA & NC
Dec: Pheasant, Quail, Chukars
Jan-Feb: Squirrels

Reactions: LCH
2 elk tags, hopefully in a LE unit. 3 deer tags and 2 antelope tags. My dad brother and several friends are coming out for an antelope hunt this year so that'll be awesome. I also plan on doing a lot of fishing with my son. All done in Wyoming naturally.

Montana every day all year, 24/7, as long as the soles of my boots don't wear out and my back can hold my loaded pack! ;)

NM rifle elk application
If unsuccessful, CO OTC archery or 3rd rifle
CO elk and deer pts.
WY elk and deer pts.
AR elk application
AR WT application to LE muzzy area
AR Dove and early Teal
AR cheap AF general WT
AR private duck hunting

colorado archery mule deer
SK for some waterfowl
Iowa for some whitetails..
all other apps have been long shots or points only adding a new hunting buddy this summer so to be fair to the wife I don't want to be gone more than the two weeks i have planned

Going to hunt bears this spring and geese this fall. Plan to take the first week or so of November off to invest some time at my deer bait. If I draw a moose or elk tag I’ll hunt them if not I can buy OTC tags for them and will chase them then

With another kid on the way I am probably going to be doing NJ archery deer (unlimited doe tags makes for a full freezer) and POSSIBLY NE mule deer if I can get baby #2 sleep trained by then.
More realistically: just NJ archery.
I will throw some money down to build points in WY for elk/antelope, PA elk, KY elk and perhaps a few others so I can have an easier time getting out west in a couple of years.

Points only for me this year. Maybe I’ll put in for a Gila archery elk tag. Got my 15 year anniversary next spring, so I’ll be saving cash for that. 2 weeks in Florida is expensive lol.
Other than that I’ll hunt a ton locally here in Idaho. I’ll get 2 elk tags, General deer and antelope. Wife and daughter will have deer and elk tags. Only thing I want like every year is a full freezer!
Matt

2019 will be my first three state hunt

Idaho:
Spring Bear and Turkey
Fall Elk, Deer, and Draw for MTN Goat
And Grouse of every legal variety
Fall Bear

Wyoming:
Cow Elk type 6 tag
maybe NR reduced Deer doe and Antelope doe

Colorado:
Points for the Big three
Archery Deer and Elk (Week of backpack hunting)

I am down to my last five gallon bucket of elk steaks so it is important to refill the freezer.

Apr/May: Spring turkey IA

May: 40th
June: shoulder surgery
Sept: 10 year wedding anniversary
Sept: CO ML Elk bull limited entry + my nephew youth ML cow elk in same unit (fingers crossed, 100% draw last year based on each of our PP)
Nov: IA archery OTC deer
Dec: IA late muzzle OTC deer if not tagged out / burned out / all my domestic capital spent

Good luck to all this year

I plan on walking my bow through the woods, and when he is tired I'll walk my rifle through the woods... maybe I'll even see those things you guys are calling "Elk"! ;)

UPDATE:

February AZ javelina. DONE: One javelina harvested
AZ elk (rifle): NO TAG DRAWN :cry:
NM elk & deer (rifle): Application in
AZ Coues deer (rifle): PENDING

STILL CONSIDERING:

Colorado 2nd rifle deer hunt. Currently have three points
WY antelope. Currently have three points.
So, this year I will just get a WY antelope point. Just submitted my CO application for deer, second rifle. Here is the 2019 breakdown:

AZ javelina. DONE: One javelina harvested back in Feb.
WY antelope: Point purchase pending
AZ elk (rifle): NO TAG DRAWN :cry:
NM elk (rifle): Application in
CO deer (rifle): Application in
AZ Coues deer (rifle): Application Pending
NM deer (rifle): Application in

[Funny how quickly plans change this time of year, at least for me.

I got out for the January whitetails a few times with the kids, didn't get anything.

We came home with a total of 7 hogs from 2 days in TX, caught a few smaller ones somebody else wanted too.

Got just about everything lined up for the POW bear hunt (I think).

Deer here at home is inevitable.

For the fall, I expect to draw a MT deer tag with one point. I also intend to hunt Coues again in AZ on a zero point tag. If I draw elk in NM that hunt falls immediately after my Coues season, so I'll make that a 2-week trip.

I'm also taking my family to the Black Hills on fall break, I'm looking forward to that trip most of all.
Depending on whether I draw in NM, I think I'll be trying for a September deer hunt in KS also.

August/Sept: Archery WY antelope or Muley, Kansas whitetail, or South Dakota Deer. Haven't decided yet. It'll be my first out of state archery hunt.

October/November: Oklahoma archery deer, may go chase panhandle antelope if I get my deer down Early. Then doe patrol.

January: AZ Muley hunt

All with a little hog hunting sprinkled in there.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back