Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What's yer total?

Anyone else have marmots? I haven’t seen that show up yet.

I’ve shot and eaten one marmot.

Honestly one of the most underrated hunts in the whole state .

I think I have a marmot. I honestly don't remember. I know I've been out with my uncle and one of us got a marmot that was terrorizing my grandpas dog while hiding in a pile of irrigation line.

I think I have a marmot. I honestly don't remember. I know I've been out with my uncle and one of us got a marmot that was terrorizing my grandpas dog while hiding in a pile of irrigation line.

was that hunting or extermination then?

I do know with exact certainty how many Rocky Mountain and Desert bighorn sheep I've taken - zero.
Sounds like it's time to pony up and get after them!

A wise man once said "Hunt while you can, you'll run out of health before you run out of money."

Working an extra year or two is worth a hunt of a lifetime, and besides, chasing sheep is at the top of many people's lists!

The only things I track is bulls 300"+, mulies 170"+ and archery killed antelope in MT and the number of pack-outs a year, their length and elevation gained on the pack-out. I got 7 critters packed out last year (only 2 were mine) and have packed 13 elk out in the last 3 years. On my last pack frame I got 41 or 42 animals before the shoulder straps and waist belt padding were toast.

The only things I track is bulls 300"+, mulies 170"+ and archery killed antelope in MT and the number of pack-outs a year, their length and elevation gained on the pack-out. I got 7 critters packed out last year (only 2 were mine) and have packed 13 elk out in the last 3 years. On my last pack frame I got 41 or 42 animals before the shoulder straps and waist belt padding were toast.
Cam Haines doppelgänger?

Only number I’m worried about since 2018 killed a moose or elk every fall keeping the freezer full of delicious meat. After skimming through the thread I don’t want to admit to how many bears I have killed lol. Apparently I enjoy killing bears way more then most

I took the time to tally so here it goes.
14 elk
6 antelope
7 mule deer
10 whitetail
353 coyotes
3 bobcats
1 moose
1 sheep
26 years of hunting.
I regret not keeping a journal. My numbers might be a bit off, going off my memory. Made me think back to my early years of hunting.
I have been fortunate to draw some good tags.
Wolf lion and bear I would like to get at some point.

14 elk
6 antelope
7 mule deer
10 whitetail
353 coyotes
3 bobcats
1 moose
1 sheep
26 years of hunting.
I regret not keeping a journal. My numbers might be a bit off, going off my memory. Made me think back to my early years of hunting.
What about turkeys? I’ve seen you hose down a flock of those!! 🦃

I stupidly wasted a bunch of time today reminiscing and body counts for big game. I was very close to my estimate, best I could guess. I also totaled up how many different fish species I've taken, and was dumbfounded between fresh and salt water. No clue how many fish I've caught, but I'm at at least 57 different species and I'm really not a "fisherman". I catch around 200 fish a year on average I'd guess. I remember as a youger man, I'd land 20 trout in an evening many nights a week in MT.

I should tally up birds, but I'd guess it around 25 species of upland/ducks/turkey. I regret not shooting more in Africa when I was there. A guy could almost melt a barrel off on doves and grouse.

A life well lived, so far.

14 elk
6 antelope
7 mule deer
10 whitetail
353 coyotes
3 bobcats
1 moose
1 sheep
26 years of hunting.
Thats an oddly specific number of coyotes. I salute you. :D

Anyone else have marmots? I haven’t seen that show up yet.

I’ve shot and eaten one marmot.

Honestly one of the most underrated hunts in the whole state .
Haven’t eaten marmot but me and a buddy made a pair of mittens out of a couple of them we shot in jr high. We were gonna be mountain men by God!

I'm a little jealous of all of you that keep good track!
I actually had a conversation with my brother this year because I was with him for his 20th bull elk, and we were trying to figure out how many I had as I'm more elk obsessed than he is, as close as I can remember and piece together from photos I'm at 24, 17 of those with a bow...
Other than that I'm at maybe 8-10 cows, 5-6 mulies, 3 whitetail, 1 coues, 1 pronghorn, and a bunch of birds...

There was a while in my early 20s where I was guiding quite a bit and helping friends whenever I wasn't guiding where I was averaging being in on 8-10 elk a year, my back hurts just thinking about that these days...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back