Caribou Gear

What’s the worst item you’ve lost?

Jape

With all the gear we take hunting, it seems it’s inevitable before we lose something. I’m curious what is the worst thing ya’ll have lost?

For me, I was doing pretty well until last year when my holster with my Glock 19 came off somewhere in the first two miles on the trail. I was especially bummed since we were going into grizz country. I like to think someone found it and is using it rather than just sitting in the woods.

Canoeing in BWCA in late May just after ice out and my fixed blade knife slipped out of my pocket into the cold deep. Immediate thought was dive down and grab it and next thought was 35 degree water maybe bad idea. What hasn't rusted away is still on the lake bottom.

Lost a broadhead and couple inches of an arrow in the shoulder of a buck last year, that's the worst that comes to mind. Thought I had lost a nice glass call I received as a gift but thankfully it had just fallen out of my pocket in a buddy's truck.

My range finder was getting fixed, so I borrowed someone else's on an antelope hunt. Never knew where it disappeared, all I knew was I was out $550 for a new one...

Canoeing in BWCA in late May just after ice out and my fixed blade knife slipped out of my pocket into the cold deep. Immediate thought was dive down and grab it and next thought was 35 degree water maybe bad idea. What hasn't rusted away is still on the lake bottom.

Yeah, also thought of retracing my steps for two miles when my hunting partners said, "um, no."

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back