Whats the biggest bull you ever saw ?

Originally posted by Moosie:
I agree on the "TAPE" thing. It's like someone saying that a bull is a 350 Class bull and then you ask how they got to that and they say... It is just big !!! Someone that knows will tell you about the Main beam length. the G# length and the width. or there so Roughly. But what do I know, I shoot spikes :D
I am pretty sure that Spike we glassed would have gone at least 84 5/8". Maybe even 88 6/8. That fugger was a TOAD!. He had good height, good mass, and good length. I'd like to get a crack at him this year, I bet he will be a Trophy Raghorn.

The biggest one I ever saw was with Moosie and he has the video and wont give it up!
I guess thats ok, I do have some photos.
You all have heard the stories of those big non-typicals....plenty of mass & some trash.

I bet Greenhorn is right, that damn measuring tape ruins a lot of monster stories.

I think I have seen a few decent 5x5's out hiking around. Beardown, the Wildturkey 101 must have been kicking in when you saw that bull with me. I only remember a little raghorn and some cows

Beardouche, don't forget about that little velvet bull up in niner.........

I have been very fortunate to see a handfull of real special bull elk.......

THE biggest bull i have seen was a 7x7 in unit 6a had a rifle deer hunt that year climing a hill in thick brush was just about to the top anhe came walking in front of me at about 10 yards away ..... was out archry deer hunting in the white tanks a few years ago seen 3 cow elk in that area .. ask g/f about it they said they knew of them but didnt know where they came from so they where just keeping a eye on them to see where they where going

The biggest I have ever seen had 7 on one side and 9 on the other. I was friggin deer huntin so I took a pop shot anyway! Dropped him right where he stood. When I went back the next elk season to tag him he was gone. Hell of a way to loose a trophy bull!! That same year I killed my trophy bear camped out right where my trophy bull got stolen.

Largest bull I have ever seen was a 6x6 hunting here in Wa,all I had was a Spike tag.
Hey Ray I saw one of your racks at the Sportsman show here in Monroe last week.

Hey Kraven; How goes the battle? Long time no talk. Which one did ya see? I had three of em there. I had two roosevelt and one rocky, a blacktail and a bear. I did ok there. My bear ended up scoring 20 7/16, the rocky 332 gross and 322 net. One roosevelt scored 301 gross and 294 net. The other roosevelt scored 295 gross and 288 net. The blacktail scored 119 gross and 115 net. All archery.

Damn man didnt know you had that many there.The only rack I saw was a Roosie and it was laying on the ground over towards the Copenhagen booth.I cant remember the score tho,just saw your name on it.

Originally posted by SJ:
I couldn't tell. I seen probably 500 in a herd inside of Yellowstone. They were wild in the wild but not really wild. How about this one.
108607.jpg

Shot in NM unit 16A green score 421 P&Y
Kind of funny but.. I did see this bull the year before this guy killed it. It was about a 390-400ish bull that year. I talked with the guy in the picture and swapped stories and he killed it about 1/4 mile from where i stalked it in its bed one afternoon. Things didnt work out and it will haunt me forever.

I saw 5 Huge Bulls running together late in august 1 summer in 5b south, but the biggest "Monster" i`ve ever seen was in 6a [apache maid] 7x8 and massive!

I saw 2 of them. one in unit 7 when I was hunting deer that had antlers that reached his but when he leaned his head back and he was a 7x7.
The other one was in unit 5b North Diablo canyon hunt b4 they changed the units up there. It was during a cow hunt in early oct with some friends and I saw him from about 200 yards. He was a 8x8 and very thick but short 20-24" points. Had a very large body about 900 lbs I would guess and he blocked any shot I had at the 7 cows that were going behind him into the trees.
Dont know what either of these would have scored!

Originally posted by Wyodeerhunter:
The biggest bull i've seen in the wild is a spike, or possibly a raghorn. Even though I live in WY i don't see very many elk ;)
What about those pics of elk you have "posted"

Biggest I ever saw was in AZ unit 5bs was taking video had my 72 year old mother with me we just went under a barb wire fence and a 10X10 stepped out, had video but screwed up and taped over it

The biggest bull elk I have ever seen in the wild, my dad and I were deer hunting up in Kapawson/Champion/Rainier Tree Farm about 30 minutes from my house. We first saw a buncha cows then we heard him walking out from behind this burn pile on an old logging road. When he finally showed himself I couldn't believe what I was seeing... he was a huge 6 point bull with the top 12 inches of antler pure white. I took a few pictures but I had a cheap camera and it didn't want to give me the film at all. But I do have the memory of him. He was a monster.
Quick Draw

I helped my sister on a hunt 3 years ago. She had gotten one of the coveted once in-a-lifetime elk tags here in ND. In three days we found 4 cows and a spiker that tasted mighty fine!

In the wild, I believe that is the only bull I have seen.

smalls

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back