Whats our President trying to do to us gun buyers/owners

Gun control, no gun control, background checks, no background checks, legally purchased guns, illegally purchased guns. To me, having grown up just outside of Flint Michigan where gun violence is rampant, both with mentally ill and non mentally ill perpetrators, I have come to my own conclusion. A total lack of respect for one another, human to human, is what I believe to be the ultimate underlying factor to gun violence. Yes, everything else plays a part, but until people begin to respect eachother I don't see how anything drastic changes. Just my .02

Point on. I really would like to hear someone running for president state we need to focus on how to promote two stable loving parents, strong extended families, communities that look out for each other. So many people fall through the cracks and government can't catch or monitor all of them.

Couldn't respond ealier as I can't remember the password for this place. Had to get on a diff contputer

You are hopelessly naive. The guy was laughing because they play catch and release with these guys. He'll be out in a day because it's societies fault, and he won't be prosecuted, like that guy who sold dozens of guns in chicago and was turned loose at least a couple times because they need someone left out on the street to break the laws to show us they need more.
He's laughing because he wouldn't have to wait 2 weeks for your gun show to find a gun somewhere, background check or not. That's only ther to keep the honest people honest.

The gun control crowd finally found a bumpersticker phrase that that polls well, sounds innoculous and most importantly that they can attach all sorts of restrictions to and jam it through like they have with so much other stuff. The finished product will be much different than the simple background. Gosh, who could possibly oppose that?

I'll get the crayolas out you for you later tonight when I have more time. Although I honestly doubt it'll make a dent based on your prev posts.

I'll leave you with this. I worked at a gun counter in a store well over 10 years ago. The background check isn't the end all you think it is. Dishonest people can get around it.
They don't care about the consequences. They are already criminals

I'm not really sure why that was necessary. Was I disrepectful to you?
All I am saying is it doesn't make sense to make it so easy that private sales are not checked. I'm not supporting this executive order and I don't have the answers to problems like DaveN and John pointed out.

So you advocate abolishing gun sales between private law-abiding citizens? You ought to move to Colorado., it's not legal there. Banning private sales and requiring any paperwork that goes to the Government is called registration. If you buy a gun at a gun show from a private individual who is not a dealer it's just that, a private transaction not a "loophole" no different than if you bought it through a newspaper ad. Quit playing into the GunGrabbers hands.

No where did I even suggest I'm against individuals selling guns privately. That would be as rediculous as if I accused you of wanting to sell guns to felons. Lets keep this civil. I'm only questioning the logic of why the buyer doesn't have to meet the same standards as if they went to a gun shop. So far no one has given any thought as to why thats ok other than for political reasons which I fully understand that side. I just don't completely agree with it.

Last edited:
There is a reason guns were made the 2nd Amendment after the freedom of speech and religion.

No where did I even suggest I'm against individuals selling guns privately. That would be as rediculous as if I accused you of wanting to sell guns to felons. Lets keep this civil. I'm only questioning the logic of why the buyer doesn't have to meet the same standards as if they went to a gun shop. So far no one has given any thought as to why thats ok other than for political reasons which I fully understand that side. I just don't completely agree with it.
Prior to the laws being passed here in CO, I bought 3 weapons in FTF transactions. I'd have to do the research again, but I believe that in order for the the FTF transaction to take place, both parties had to verbally agree that both were legally selling/purchasing the weapon. With that consent the transaction was legal. No need to enact another law to which virtually does the same only adds a tax/fee/what have you to the transaction.

I personally think the fact that I have a CWP should exempt me from having to go through the process, either from FTF or from an FFL.

The term gun show loophole is a great media catch phrase, like assault weapon.

I gotta get me one of them tri-cornered tin-foil hats.

I think BHA has them in their online store?:D Available with the Grizz or Bobcat logo for a nominal extra fee.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back