What's on the smoker today?

Seems like flat only always come out a bit tough to me. They are usually over trimmed before being packaged. At like $7/lb for flat only or $3-4/lb for a whole one I much prefer doing the whole thing even if it means I'm freezing leftovers.
thanks for the advise. it is a flat only. I didn't want to spend over $100 for my first attempt and ruin it. next try will be a full deal.

thanks for the advise. it is a flat only. I didn't want to spend over $100 for my first attempt and ruin it. next try will be a full deal.
Totally understand. I just picked up a choice whole for $75 at Sam's. It stings a bit lol. I feel like the whole brisket is a little more forgiving.

recipe or it didn't happen! looks delicious!
I just smoked a whole spatchcocked chicken at 300 degrees until the breast was 155 degrees. Sauce is 2 cups Mayo, enough apple cider vinegar to give it a consistency of dressing, ¼ to ½ cup, 1T brown mustard, 1T horseradish, 2T brown sugar, 1T whatever rub you use on the chicken, salt and pepper to taste, i like enough cayenne to give it a little kick as well. Cook chicken, mix all of the sauce ingredients together, dip chicken in sauce, let it cool enough to eat.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back