What's on the smoker today?

First time cooking turkey wings and also doing a spatchcock chicken.
Not impressed with the wings. If I were to ever do them again I would smoke an hour or so then deep fry until temp.

Chicken on the other hand was phenomenal.
Especially since I decided just a couple of hours before that I would do it.
No time for a brine and I forgot to buy anything to inject with. Settled for a 2 hour "dry brine" in the garage fridge. Came out very well! 20231118_165926.jpg20231118_171625.jpg

Who all is smoking their turkey this Thanksgiving? Got mine in the brine this morning.View attachment 302796
Trying a turkey for the first time on the pellet grill this year. Figure if we normally bring the dumb bird, we might as well make it taste better. Started it in the brine this morning. 18lbs bird this year.

How long do you guys do turkey for usually? I gotta figure out what time im waking up tomorrow.

Trying a turkey for the first time on the pellet grill this year. Figure if we normally bring the dumb bird, we might as well make it taste better. Started it in the brine this morning. 18lbs bird this year.

How long do you guys do turkey for usually? I gotta figure out what time im waking up tomorrow.
Got a 21lb bird this year. Gonna start it at 6am plan on eating around 3. Gonna start at 225 till I hit 140 I'm estimating about 4 to 5 hours then crank it up to 350 till it hits 165 probably 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours. If it gets done a bit early I'll let it rest in a cooler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back